ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Dependent VISA Status Query" URGENT"

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sachinsri.2210
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Dependent VISA Status Query" URGENT"

Post by sachinsri.2210 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:04 pm

Hi Experts,

I have been working for an Indian MNC since Jan 2010.My Indian company wanted me to go back in dec 2014 as the contract with the client ended. I some how managed to stay back and got my ILR on 31 Dec 2014. I the mean time i had to send my family back to india as i wasn't sure about my ILR. My wife and SON have been on Tier 2 ICT dependent VISA (valid til Jan 2016).I have since resigned from my Indian company and got a new contract job. Now my query is:

1. How can i find out about their Dependent VISA status weather it is still valid and hasn't been cancelled by HO or my company?if it is sill valid so can they travel back to UK on this visa?

2. If their VISA is no more valid then how can i get them back to UK on dependent visa?

Sachin

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 ICT Dependent VISA Status Query" URGENT"

Post by manci » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:30 pm

sachinsri.2210 wrote:Hi Experts,

I have been working for an Indian MNC since Jan 2010.My Indian company wanted me to go back in dec 2014 as the contract with the client ended. I some how managed to stay back and got my ILR on 31 Dec 2014. I the mean time i had to send my family back to india as i wasn't sure about my ILR. My wife and SON have been on Tier 2 ICT dependent VISA (valid til Jan 2016).I have since resigned from my Indian company and got a new contract job. Now my query is:

1. How can i find out about their Dependent VISA status weather it is still valid and hasn't been cancelled by HO or my company?if it is sill valid so can they travel back to UK on this visa?
their visas are still valid. Read:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 14832.html

2. If their VISA is no more valid then how can i get them back to UK on dependent visa?

Sachin

sachinsri.2210
Newly Registered

Post by sachinsri.2210 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Hi Manci,
Thanks for your response. I checked the link you provided in your reply however i could not find any information which suggests that my dependents VISA's are still valid even if i have left the company who provided the COS for my Tier 2 ICT visa.

I have heard that if you leave /resign from your company who issued you the COS for Tier 2 ICT WP and dependent visa, they will cancel yours and your dependents VISA once you resign from the company and NO MORE an employee?

Please forgive my ignorance in this matter as there is no way i can find this out from HO or UKBA as to what is the status of their visa's.I called and even emailed the HO and British Embassy in Delhi and it seems that they don't deal with individual VISA queries.Please help!!!

Sachin

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:48 pm

Having ILR means that you are free from UK immigration control, You no longer have anything to do with the company which sponsored you.

All visas are issued by UKVI, not by the company.

from outside the UK UKVI can be contacted by email, see:
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

from inside the UK the contact number is 0300 123 2241

vishpb35

Post by vishpb35 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:21 pm

sachinsri.2210 wrote:Hi Experts,

1. How can i find out about their Dependent VISA status weather it is still valid and hasn't been cancelled by HO or my company?if it is sill valid so can they travel back to UK on this visa? Their visas are tied to you and not ur company, so as long as you got valid visa to stay/work in UK, ur family visas are valid.

2. If their VISA is no more valid then how can i get them back to UK on dependent visa? As per above response, their visas will be valid, its just that you have ILR and they are still a PBS dependent (because u were PBS before). just bring your family as normal (I am in same boat and there are absolutely no issues with your spouse travelling on PBS dep visa while main applicant has got ILR. In jan 2016, just apply for another extension for ur dependents in same PBS dependent extension visa

Sachin

sandeeprajput
Newly Registered

Post by sandeeprajput » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:31 am

Hello Manci, Experts,

I have similar query regarding dependent visa, grateful if you can please clarify?

I am on Tier-2 ICT longterm staff visa (issued before 6th April, 2011) and my wife is currently in UK on dependent visa expiring on Feb 9, 2016. I have got offer from A rated sponsor and they are read to sponsor me.

1. Can primary and dependent switch to Tier 2 General with out going back to India?
2. Is it mandatory for dependents to apply along with primary applicant with new COS? Excerpt from UKBA site is below

Dependants applying in the UK on their own
Your dependants can apply to extend or switch their visas to stay with you if they’re already in the UK.
It’s best to send your dependants’ applications at the same time as yours but they can apply at a later date.

3. Company is not sponsoring dependent's visa, but if company provides letter stating that expenses will be managed by them, then do I still need to provide bank statements? Please clarify

4. During my tier-2 general application process, can my wife work for company here in UK on old/new dependent visa?

Thank you

Kind Regards,
Sandeep

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:02 pm

sandeeprajput wrote:Hello Manci, Experts,

I have similar query regarding dependent visa, grateful if you can please clarify?

I am on Tier-2 ICT longterm staff visa (issued before 6th April, 2011) and my wife is currently in UK on dependent visa expiring on Feb 9, 2016. I have got offer from A rated sponsor and they are read to sponsor me.

1. Can primary and dependent switch to Tier 2 General with out going back to India?
you can switch to T2G in the UK. Your wife can either apply for a new dependant visa now or later (before her visa expires) as per your quote below
2. Is it mandatory for dependents to apply along with primary applicant with new COS? Excerpt from UKBA site is below

Dependants applying in the UK on their own
Your dependants can apply to extend or switch their visas to stay with you if they’re already in the UK.
It’s best to send your dependants’ applications at the same time as yours but they can apply at a later date.

3. Company is not sponsoring dependent's visa, but if company provides letter stating that expenses will be managed by them, then do I still need to provide bank statements? Please clarify
You don't have to show maintenance funds and neither does your wife if she applies with you. If she applies later she'll have to show maintenance.

4. During my tier-2 general application process, can my wife work for company here in UK on old/new dependent visa?
yes
Thank you

Kind Regards,
Sandeep

sandeeprajput
Newly Registered

Post by sandeeprajput » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:01 pm

Many many thanks Manci!

For 1st answer, if I apply dependent visa later then I will be on Tier2G and she will on Tier2 ICT PBS, does this not create any issue when we travel back to our native country during immigration process?