ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

about COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dknzone

about COS

Post by dknzone » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:51 am

Guys, at the end of January i did have some interviews with UK employer and they have decided to hire me. they are A rating sponsor. managing director confirmed me on end of January that they have requested a "additional COS" for the position. but still they didn't hear back from home office. my question is

1) can it take that long ? its already pass 11th feb time line.
2) for A rating sponsor do they have different method to apply for additional tier 2 cos ? do they get any priority ?

thanks in advance

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: about COS

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:30 am

Is it a restricted or unrestricted cos they have applied for?

dknzone

Post by dknzone » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:31 am

Frontier Mole wrote:Is it a restricted or unrestricted cos they have applied for?
Its restricted

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:36 am

Then they should have had a reply by now.
Ask them if they have checked their SMS account or if they have been asked for further info.
These are the common issues for most delays or not realising they have been turned down or overlooked the fact it has been granted.

dknzone

Post by dknzone » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:40 am

Frontier Mole wrote:Then they should have had a reply by now.
Ask them if they have checked their SMS account or if they have been asked for further info.
These are the common issues for most delays or not realising they have been turned down or overlooked the fact it has been granted.
home office will reply only via the SMS ? i mean even if need more info ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:49 am

They only use SMS account or email for the Ao/KC so if no one is checking those then of course they won't have the answer.

dknzone

Post by dknzone » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:53 am

Frontier Mole wrote:They only use SMS account or email for the Ao/KC so if no one is checking those then of course they won't have the answer.
Thanks yes i did ask if check SMS but for that i do not have answer yet. hopefully positive answer soon

dknzone

Post by dknzone » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:51 am

my employer said home office rejected it due to missing info for RLMT. also they said it can obtain again in 3 weeks time. i thought RLMT check done at visa level. is normally home office advise employer about what need to be done in next time to get it approve ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:35 am

Restricted COS are only issued after the RLMT has been completed in the UK and evidence has to be provided to support the adverts have been undertaken for at least 28 days.

If no evidence was supplied then that was an automatic rejection.

The company will have to supply the information to meet the RLMT by the next panel date in order for it to be considered. So they should have the advert ref for Universal Job Search plus the other references for whatever the other sites the advert was placed on. They need to provide the evidence that the adverts ran for at least 28 days. If they can't do that then they will have to run the whole process before they can apply again.

dknzone

Post by dknzone » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:23 am

Thanks frontier for the reply.

anyway they have to use SMS still right ? after rejected home office only allow them to request it after certain amount of time ? is there such restriction ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:27 am

They can apply at any time but the panel only sits once a month.
Did they do the RLMT? If that has not happened then it is pointless applying until it has been completed.

snoopyPOO
Newly Registered
India

Post by snoopyPOO » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:24 pm

Hello,

I am currently on a T2G with my current employer. I've been offered a job from a new employer who have sent in a unrestricted CoS request for me. The request was put in on Monday the 2nd of March 15. How long until I hear back?

Additionally, once I get the CoS, im hoping to use the premium service and apply in person. I'm thinking of handing in my notice (contractually 1 month) once the new visa is used, and tell the new employer to update the SMS to state that I will be doing my 1 month notice. Can I confirm that this is a good plan?

any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

srmaram
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by srmaram » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing your experiences .

I am a tier 2 depended, working in a uk company from last 4 years . They are happy to process my visa using restricted cos .

First they applied with out RLMT process and COS got rejected with reason no RLMT information .

Now in order to process RLMT now they advertised in 3 websites which included MNC company website .

IN JOB center plus user can't see salary and closing date but when user try to apply it will direct to another job portal where user can view Salary range .

Can you please answer below :
1. Does it has any problem posting adv in job center without Salary and closing date ?
2. When UKBA will view the job advertisement before issuing cos or after ?
3. If UKBA identified salary is not mentioned in website does the Sponcer rating will be downgraded or is there Any problem for employer .

My employer is new to issue restricted cos hence I am asking .

magn8p
Newly Registered

Post by magn8p » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:31 pm

snoopyPOO wrote:Hello,

I am currently on a T2G with my current employer. I've been offered a job from a new employer who have sent in a unrestricted CoS request for me. The request was put in on Monday the 2nd of March 15. How long until I hear back?

Additionally, once I get the CoS, im hoping to use the premium service and apply in person. I'm thinking of handing in my notice (contractually 1 month) once the new visa is used, and tell the new employer to update the SMS to state that I will be doing my 1 month notice. Can I confirm that this is a good plan?

any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Hi there snoopyPOO,

Similar situation here. But my potential employer did NOT follow the RLMT process as they thought my job was on shortage occupation list. Now that they have realised an RLMT is mandatory, they have re-advertised job in their careers page and also in Job Centre Plus.

Did your folks already conduct RLMT? If so, generating unrestricted COS should take about 15 mins.

-mag

magn8p
Newly Registered

Post by magn8p » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:38 pm

srmaram wrote:Hi all,

Thanks for sharing your experiences .

I am a tier 2 depended, working in a uk company from last 4 years . They are happy to process my visa using restricted cos .

First they applied with out RLMT process and COS got rejected with reason no RLMT information .

Now in order to process RLMT now they advertised in 3 websites which included MNC company website .

IN JOB center plus user can't see salary and closing date but when user try to apply it will direct to another job portal where user can view Salary range .

Can you please answer below :
1. Does it has any problem posting adv in job center without Salary and closing date ?
2. When UKBA will view the job advertisement before issuing cos or after ?
3. If UKBA identified salary is not mentioned in website does the Sponcer rating will be downgraded or is there Any problem for employer .

My employer is new to issue restricted cos hence I am asking .

Hi there srmaram,

It is definitely advised to play safe by following all the job advert guidelines specified in Section 28:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-14.pdf

My potential employer did a similar thing - the advert is on but without salary range and application deadline. I have carefully followed it up with the HR and she said that she will work with Job Centre Plus to fix it.

UK V&I will not check the RLMT details when CoS is generated or when you apply for a visa. But they conduct timely audits and see if your employer has followed the right methods.

Yes, if the employer violates the rules, their rating will be downgraded and in some cases the sponsorship license cancelled.

-mag