ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Declaring foreign spouse maintenance case SET(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Human
United Kingdom

Declaring foreign spouse maintenance case SET(O)

Post by Human » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Hi,
Is a maintenance case filed (4 years ago) by my ex in a foreign country classify as civil judgement or civil penalty ? The foreign court has asked me to pay the maintenance & later the case was compromised with mutual consent. I have this compromise document with me.

The court involved was a family court. Are family court cases count as civil cases ? The case was filed before our divorce( by UK court ). As per the law in that country , spouses are eligible for maintenance before divorce which (as i believe) is not the case in UK. Do I need to declare it ? My concern is that , it may confuse the case worker as family laws are very different in that country.

Incase , I have to declare it . What case related documents, I have to submit to the case worker ? The problem is that except the 'mutual compromise' document all other documents are in foreign language. Also I am worried as the case has a number of false allegations on me (by my ex-wife :-) ). Do I have to submit an English translation of her complaint ? Please guide me.

Thanks & Regards,
M