ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NON EEA TO JOIN EEA NATIONAL IN UK?!?!?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

encinizm
Newly Registered

NON EEA TO JOIN EEA NATIONAL IN UK?!?!?

Post by encinizm » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:43 pm

hello everyone,

i need you help to answer my questions.

Im Turkish and my wife is Polish who is in Uk and working for about 2 months now. my self in Poland and waiting for my resident card documents to arrive. Hopefully the desition for the resident permit will arrive this week so i will wait for the card to come.

i came here on visitor visa as it will expire 1 october 2007 and now will have minumum 1 year resident permit so there is no problem for me to stay longer, right?

i got my appointment day,in Warsaw to apply for the EEA Family Permit to JOIN my wife who is in the UK.

My wife is coming here on the 16th october just 2 days before my appointment. She will come with me to the embassy as she has a 6 days off from work.

We opened a bank account on my wifes name when i arrived Poland and put the money in that i collected. It could be better to open it on my name but polish banks are asking for resident permit, so we need to change it on my name when she is here as my residence documents r on the way. Do you think its better idea if we do it a joint account? will it look a bit suspicious to the officers at the embassy if we change the account to a joint one just 2 days b4 my application date?

Other thing is that im applying for EEa family permit to JOIN the EEA national. is it a problem when my wife is with me at the embassy as it states on my application form that i ll join her??
Really worried with that one cos i donno if the officers will not beleive that the "qualified person" (who is my wife, the EEA national) is in the UK exercising a Treaty right while she is here only for 6 days!!!!!!!!!! I hope i am making myself clear to you.

Also whats the meaning of "legally resident"? Am i legally resident in poland with my visitor visa and after it expires i ll have my resident card , if not, i ll have the acceptance documents for the residency for minumum 1 year, will it be ok in this situation?

I hope i was clear enough. im just so worried about every single detail as we r trying to be together for about 1 year and dont want to mess with this eea family permit now after all these things we have been through.

Maybe some of you can advise me about the eea family permit applications with the british consulate in Warsaw!

I am looking forward to any reply!

Thank you very much!!

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:31 pm

Do you think its better idea if we do it a joint account? will it look a bit suspicious to the officers at the embassy if we change the account to a joint one just 2 days b4 my application date?
Why don't you change it after your application for the EEAFP is made and avoid the whole problem. Even if the account is in your wife's name, there is no law that says your wife cannot support you.
is it a problem when my wife is with me at the embassy as it states on my application form that i ll join her??

Not a problem if she has proof of registering in the WRS as she has only been here for 2 months. That should prove that she is resident in the UK even if she is with you over there at the time of application. If asked just tell the truth.
Am i legally resident in poland with my visitor visa and after it expires i ll have my resident card , if not, i ll have the acceptance documents for the residency for minumum 1 year, will it be ok in this situation?
At the date of your appointment what is your status? Being a visitor is not a problem for the EEAFP. But I do not think just a letter instead of the Polish Resident document will do. Contact the British embassy in Warsaw for clarification.

Ask if you have any further questions.
Last edited by Docterror on Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jabi

encinizm
Newly Registered

Post by encinizm » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:30 pm

Docterror wrote:
Do you think its better idea if we do it a joint account? will it look a bit suspicious to the officers at the embassy if we change the account to a joint one just 2 days b4 my application date?
Why don't you change it after your application for the EEAFP is made and avoid the hwole problem. Even if the account is in your wife's name, there is no law that says your wife cannot support you.
is it a problem when my wife is with me at the embassy as it states on my application form that i ll join her??

Not a problem if she has proof of registering in the WRS as she has only been here for 2 months. That should prove that she is resident in the UK even if she is with you over there at the time of application. If asked just tell the truth.
Am i legally resident in poland with my visitor visa and after it expires i ll have my resident card , if not, i ll have the acceptance documents for the residency for minumum 1 year, will it be ok in this situation?
T athe date of your appointment what is your status? Being a visitor is not a problem for the EEAFP. But I do not think just a letter instead of the Polish Resident document will do. Contact the British embassy in Warsaw for clarification.

Ask if you have any furtehr questions.

i want to show that i have got some money on my name as well as my wife has got in her acoount in the Uk account. i think i ll just change the account on my name when she arrives. and explain it to the officer why i couldnt have my own account when i first arrived Poland.

i think you are right about the WRS document. it shouldnt be a problem.

at the date of my appointment my visitor visa is expired. i ll give a call to warsaw embassy early in the morning and find out if its ok to show that i have got resident permit but not the resident card just yet. i donno how long it takes Polish local people to hand the card to me. Thank you for clearing somethings in my head.Very kind of you!!! i ll let you and others know about (under this subject of the forum) what they said or happend with my situation.