ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa processing times

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gpm468

Spouse visa processing times

Post by gpm468 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:36 pm

I have searched the forum for a while before posting this, but I can't find much in the way of details about typical processing/decision time for spouse settlement visas from outside UK i.e. entry clearance.

I am a UK citizen, we made an application for my wife from Jamaica, and paid extra for priority service. They said a decision should be within 30 working days (i.e. 6 weeks) but I wondered if they usually meet this deadline, and also does this include the time taken for the passport to be sent back to Kingston from UKBA and the email sent to my wife to advise the passport (and hopefully visa) is ready for collection?

If anyone has had a decision in the last month or so and could advise their processing time (please make it clear whether its working days or calendar days etc) it would be really appreciated.

SoHopeful

Re: Spouse visa processing times

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:59 am

If you paid for priority my understanding is the application is processed in Kingston so you shouldn't have to wait too long for passport/documents to be returned.

The link below will give you an idea of processing times however this was in January so not fully accurate:
https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... settlement

However, given that you were previously refused the VFS Global priority page does state that processing can take longer so I don't know if the 30 day time frame will be applicable to you:
Who can apply?

This service is available for all visa categories with the exception of: Tier 1 exceptional talent, Settlement, EEA Family Permit and Overseas and Commonwealth visa applications. EEA Family Permit applicants are not required to purchase priority services. EEA Family Permit applications are considered priority, free of any additional charge

Applicants should be aware that they may experience extended processing times if any of the following factors apply:

You have previously been refused a visa for the UK;
http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/jamaica/user ... ces.html#2

Processing times are always working days.

gpm468

Post by gpm468 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:53 am

I appreciate the reply given, however does anyone else have any recent experience of recent spouse visa processing times, either for priority or normal? I am cynically wondering if they are putting off approvals until end of the quarter to "improve" pre-election immigration figures...

Joynhope15
Newly Registered

Post by Joynhope15 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:11 pm

Hi there,
I applied for a souse visa for my husband who is in Jamaica, I am his spouse and sponsor. I applied on Jan 19th, had a sponsor interview on the 5th March, email received by my husband on 11th March to come and collect passport - passport collected with visa enclosed! 32 days from beginning to end, priority NOT paid for!

Hope that gives you some clarity.

Regards

gpm468

Post by gpm468 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:58 pm

Really appreciate that info Joynhope15. Can I ask, what date did you receive the supporting documents? Or are you still awaiting them?

Joynhope15
Newly Registered

Post by Joynhope15 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:28 am

They were returned today! My daughter messaged to say that a large special delivery packaged had arrived for me as I am currently in Jamaica!!

I did pay for the return of this as I was contacted when docs where received to say I needed to supply postage for their return.

Hope that helps :D

Regards

gpm468

Post by gpm468 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:46 am

Ok our case has got more complicated. After over 7 weeks (priority application), I got a call saying they haven't yet received the supporting documents. I said they were received at Sheffield the day after submission/bio in Kingston, gave them tracking number. Then the next morning they rang to say the documents were found, and a decision had been made and we would hear from VFS Kingston soon.

I got a call the next day from someone else, inviting me to my sponsor interview!! She told me that the person who called before had made a mistake and no decision had been made. I explained it was a repeat application and I'd had an interview late last year, and she said ok no interview was needed but still the rest of the app needed processing. I asked for a manager to call me about it.

Later in the day I received a call, assuring me that a decision HAS now been made, and sorry for confusion etc, and that the decision had been sent to VFS Kingston, but he couldn't tell me how long they'd take to inform us... so that's my question, how long should it take for VFS to inform us? Last time an email came overnight, but there's nothing this morning...

gpm468

Post by gpm468 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:31 pm

Ok to complete the story... Decision made in the morning, we got the email in the evening of the next day, so we could collect from Kingston two days after the decision had been made. Supporting documents arrived (in UK) same day as collection from Kingston. And... she got the visa :-)

Sorry I don't think this thread will help people much because they mucked up our application and so it doesn't give a realistic view of processing times. At least I hope not.

PS I can't read private messages, I got one earlier but apparently haven't built up enough privileges!

Joynhope15
Newly Registered

Post by Joynhope15 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:38 am

Great news! I sent the pm just checking on the progress..... Was interested to see what the outcome was. Congratulations, glad for you as I am for myself. This has been a great source of support for me and I don't intend to bail out of it just yet, having the support and being able to access info from people who are going through, been through the same situation as myself has been a real support for me, so thank you to everyone who has read, commented and offered advice and info and a special thanks to one of the senior members SoHopeful, she has been my real rock throughout this process :D :D !

franklucas
Newly Registered

Post by franklucas » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:24 pm

Hi

My wife is Jamaican and have applied for a settlement visa. I had a sponsor interview on 23/03 and on 26/03 I emailed UKVI for a update and they said a decision has been made and my supporting documents was returned to me on 27/03 but my wife hasn't received any sort of notification that a decision has been made.

So I wondering has anyone been in this situation?

in addition does VFS Jamaica have to contact her next regarding picking her passport or does sheffield email her lettering her know that a decision has been made?

From reading the blog it looks like VFS Jamaica sends notification on wednesdays that the passport is ready to collect, is this true or not?

Thanks for you help so far

Joynhope15
Newly Registered

Post by Joynhope15 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:38 pm

Have you received anything yet?

franklucas
Newly Registered

Post by franklucas » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:04 am

Hey.. My wife notification on tuesday and picked up on wednesday..

She was granted the visa :)

Joynhope15
Newly Registered

Post by Joynhope15 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:15 am

Ok, congrats franklucas, wish you all the very best!

ellarose
Newly Registered

Post by ellarose » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:50 pm

Dear all iam new to this site i wante dto infomation to help me with my application that i will make for soon to be husband we currently live in the uk, but the visa he has does not permit him to get married, so we will be travelling to jamaica to get married the end of this month, while iam there for 4 week i wanted to submit his application online and also pay the new NHS fee. i have read up that i will need to send the supporting documents to Sheffield could thi sbe done by DHL in Jamaica? just to speed up the process? or do i have to wait untill i get back to the UK and then send all supporting documents? also i read that he will need to bring his passport to the UK Embassy in Kingston, do we still need to submit copies of the supporting documents for him to bring in there?
i see interviews are being conducted, will i get a video call as well as my husband? or do i have to travel all the way to Sheffield?

Thanks in advance
Ellarose.

Patibrijesh
Newly Registered

Post by Patibrijesh » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:55 pm

Hello Everyone,

Thought of posting the settlement-spouse/cp visa processing timelines for my spouse and dependent child.

VISA submitted in VFS: 18th Feb,2016
Visa application forwarded to Chennai:18th Feb, 2016
Visa Processed mail received on: 25th Feb, 2016
Passport/ documents received on : 26th Feb, 2016

The visa outcome was successful and both my spouse and son were granted Settlement dependent visas for 33 months.

I was really surprised by the efficiency of the Chennai consulate- after all they took only 5 working days to arrive at a positive decision! Can't thank them enough as I was mentally preparing myself for a long turnaround time.

KingTy
Newly Registered

Post by KingTy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:11 pm

Hello All,

It seems that I am having the baddest experience ever compared to all the people here.
I have processed the settlement for my then fiancee in May, here is my timelines...

VISA submitted in VFS: 18th May,2016
Biometric : 27th May, 2016
Visa application forwarded to Sheffield: 31st May, 2016
Visa application received in sheffield ; 3rd June, 2016
Visa Processed mail received on: 22nd June, 2016
Passport/ documents received on : ...........

We are still waiting for an answer from the home office and the 12 weeks maximum waiting for 100% response feedback is way overdue. I have been in touch with them numerous of time. The latest info I have is that there are waiting for an update from the USCIS in Seattle, for the cannot tell me what it is... And all we have to do is wait...
But by the time they are doing their things, we are already married.
Over the phone I am also told, that the processing time is from 12 to 24 weeks, which is completely absurd in my point of view... Already 12 is a very very long time I feel, then 24 this is a mockery. How can you held somebody else's passport for 12 weeks at the first place.

sweetdaizy
Newly Registered

Post by sweetdaizy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:05 pm

Hi have you heard anything? Did you end up getting your visa
KingTy wrote:Hello All,

It seems that I am having the baddest experience ever compared to all the people here.
I have processed the settlement for my then fiancee in May, here is my timelines...

VISA submitted in VFS: 18th May,2016
Biometric : 27th May, 2016
Visa application forwarded to Sheffield: 31st May, 2016
Visa application received in sheffield ; 3rd June, 2016
Visa Processed mail received on: 22nd June, 2016
Passport/ documents received on : ...........

We are still waiting for an answer from the home office and the 12 weeks maximum waiting for 100% response feedback is way overdue. I have been in touch with them numerous of time. The latest info I have is that there are waiting for an update from the USCIS in Seattle, for the cannot tell me what it is... And all we have to do is wait...
But by the time they are doing their things, we are already married.
Over the phone I am also told, that the processing time is from 12 to 24 weeks, which is completely absurd in my point of view... Already 12 is a very very long time I feel, then 24 this is a mockery. How can you held somebody else's passport for 12 weeks at the first place.