ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

deleted

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fakira
- thin ice -

Post by fakira » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:55 am

deleted
Last edited by fakira on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAJ
Australia

Re: my visa expires before naturalisation decision is reache

Post by JAJ » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:16 am

Dawie wrote: By definition, if you require a time-limited visa to be in the UK then you cannot possibly be in a position to qualify for naturalisation as a British citizen as all naturalisation applicants are required to possess indefinite leave to remain.
What I think is happening is that he has applied for registration as a British citizen under section 4B of the 1981 Act (for stateless BOCs, if he is a BOC as suggested).

And in the meantime was in the U.K. on a time limited visa that is now expired.

Any advance on this?

Dawie
Diamond Member

Re: He is an Indian national from Goa

Post by Dawie » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:04 am

fakira wrote:for your kind information goa was under the portuguese when i was born.we were forced to become indian nationals.in a sense indian nationality was imposed on goans ,the portuguese govt has recognised this.read the un debate
With respect, Goa might have been ruled by the Portuguese for a few hundred years, but of the people of Goa were, are, and will always be Indian. The imposition of Indian nationality on Goans after the Portuguese left was simply restoring the rights and dignity of Goans to what it was before the Portuguese arrived. Lest we forget, the Portuguese forcibly converted many Goan Indians to Christianity with the Catholic Inquisition and Portugal's legacy is still evidenced to this day by the many Indians in Goa with Portuguese surnames and who share the Catholic faith.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

fakira
- thin ice -

goa v/s india

Post by fakira » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:44 pm

The imposition of Indian nationality on Goans after the Portuguese left was simply restoring the rights and dignity of Goans to what it was before the Portuguese arrived. Lest we forget, the Portuguese forcibly converted many Goan Indians to Christianity with the Catholic Inquisition
you are quite near- for me at least my grandfather had supported the portuguese regime so now is the backlash -something like slaves blaming the british of >200 back for the slave trade
i personally have not trampled on anybodys rights but there is anger that my forefathers in aiding the portuguese had
secondly hindus were suppressed by the portuguese for not converting to the catholic faith so again anger against those became catholics to gain from the portuguese
but goans do not hate westerners so goa is safe for the many britons who journey to escape the harsh european winter.
in other parts of india there is resentment- i am sorry but i feel the british were far more oppressive towards indians than the portuguese-hence christianity is seen as a foreign religion and something that brings supression
the portuguese left 45 years back the catholic church in goa is now indian with the local language used the vestiges of the west are in the music,the dressing and the food and wine and gentle manners
however the british are/were far ahead of the portuguese in the industrial revolution
goa fought afor statehood and did not want to become a district of neighbouring indian states -saying that it had its own distinct identity

finally tell me what you think of this article

http://oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=350&cid=2
these are just my thoughts please feel free to discuss i solicit your
views
Last edited by fakira on Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

fakira
- thin ice -

Post by fakira » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:50 pm

deleted
Last edited by fakira on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

fakira
- thin ice -

restoring the rights and dignity of Goans

Post by fakira » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:55 pm

well given what has happened to goa after 45 years many feel that while there has been an economic boom,crimes have skyrocketed,corruption has become a lifestyle and ecology is something found in science text books
just like in britain migrants are not welcome so also goans dont want those from outside goa to dictate terms to goans :wink:

fakira
- thin ice -

simply restoring the rights and dignity of Goans

Post by fakira » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:49 pm

india suffers from caste communalism and corruption
during the portuguese era caste existed people of different castes dont intermarry
unfortunetely today the caste system in goa has become worse with casteism rife specially within the catholic church. the portuguse conversion to catholicism was forced so one goes to church even if one is totally ignorant of the Holy Bible and does whatever one wants. :? something very close to what i beleive prompted the Reformation in mediaval Europe
communalism means that india is for hindus alone others are fringe elements
for example many think of christianity as a foreign religion alein to the indigenous faiths of india :(
as far as muslims go it is ok to openly hate muslims for many hindus,infact start with hatred :evil:
britain is socially far advanced infact i must admit to being surprised at how fairly i have been treated by almost everyone (99%) 8)

fakira
- thin ice -

Post by fakira » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:59 pm

deleted
Last edited by fakira on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

fakira
- thin ice -

Post by fakira » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:23 am

deleted
Last edited by fakira on Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fakira
- thin ice -

deleted

Post by fakira » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:55 am

deleted
Last edited by fakira on Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAJ
Australia

Re: my application is likely to be refused

Post by JAJ » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:56 am

fakira wrote:while i have no love for law,i understand from my solicitor that my application may be refused
As far as I can tell you still have not answered the questions in post #2 of this thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=18398

Might be an idea to do so if you want any meaningful advice.

fakira
- thin ice -

Post by fakira » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:39 pm

deleted
Last edited by fakira on Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAJ
Australia

Re: my passport is subject to immigration control under immg

Post by JAJ » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:51 am

fakira wrote:how can i travel out of the uk when my british overseas citizen passport does not allow a return
how can i change the endorsement at the back of the passport?
can i get an altenative travel document
Once again, if you're not prepared to answer the questions asked of you, you cannot expect any meaningful advice.

If you don't want to discuss these things on an open forum, find a good immigration lawyer.

And if your current lawyer doesn't know about how to deal with stateless British nationals, then you probably need to find a new one.

fakira
- thin ice -

i would not waant to discuss sensitive matters openly

Post by fakira » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:20 am

jaj
i do get scared to divulge all details in an open forum.sincere apologies to you
fakira

jes2jes

Re: i would not waant to discuss sensitive matters openly

Post by jes2jes » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:14 am

fakira wrote:jaj
i do get scared to divulge all details in an open forum.sincere apologies to you
fakira
Nobody is asking for your DOB, Name, Address, NIN if you have one, previous addresses etc

The questions JAJ asked in that thread is to help deduce the best help possible and no one can tell who you are by answering those questions. There are a million in one chances that your answers would lead to you since there are many who would fit the 'coat of questions' asked.
Praise The Lord!!!!

fakira
- thin ice -

deleted

Post by fakira » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:32 pm

deleted
Last edited by fakira on Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fakira
- thin ice -

Post by fakira » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:27 pm

deleted
Last edited by fakira on Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:51 pm

You think? DO you have a refusal letter?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

fakira
- thin ice -

Post by fakira » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:31 am

no i have no refusal letter.thanks very much everyone for the interest shown in my case
the home office is stil consid....................................ering my case very painful and so very slow
Last edited by fakira on Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:44 am

Look on the bright side: at least they can't deport you, because there is no country that will accept you since you lost your Indian citizenship.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

fakira
- thin ice -

Post by fakira » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:05 am

deleted
Last edited by fakira on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:20 am

fakira wrote:they considered my application under section 6(1) instaed of 4b and refused on the basis that i dont meet residential requirements
With respect, you've already been told to find a good immigration lawyer. An online forum is unlikely to help you any further.

You have already been told that as a British national resident in the U.K. with no other citizenship you have a good chance of remaining simply because there is nowhere else that will accept you.