ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about BC application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vignezh
United Kingdom

Question about BC application

Post by vignezh » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:21 am

Sorry for being so naive. My wife and I were granted ILR on 4th April 2014 along with our UK born son and hence we can apply for naturalisation on or after 4th April 2015 (am i right?) I am assuming both myself and wife would each submit the AN forms (separately) and submit a MN1 for our son as he was born here. We got our ILR through Tier 1 and wondering what documents do we have to submit for BC naturalisation form?

Any advice would be appreciated.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Question about BC application

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:40 am

Yes, AN form each for you and your wife
You need, Passport(s), LIUK, English language proof and marriage certificate
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:40 am

And yes, you can apply after 4th April
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:32 am

vignezh wrote:Sorry for being so naive. My wife and I were granted ILR on 4th April 2014 along with our UK born son and hence we can apply for naturalisation on or after 4th April 2015 (am i right?) I am assuming both myself and wife would each submit the AN forms (separately) and submit a MN1 for our son as he was born here. We got our ILR through Tier 1 and wondering what documents do we have to submit for BC naturalisation form?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Also (refernced from AN1 guide):-

Please note: You should also check that you were physically present in the UK 5 years (3 years if you are married to or in civil partnership with a British citizen) before the date that the application will be received by the Home Office or other receiving authority (see page 17 “Where to send your application form”). If you do not meet this requirement your application is unlikely to be successful, unless you were in the UK armed forces at that time…

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Thank you both, you guys are awesome!

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:15 pm

rakeysh.patel wrote:Yes, AN form each for you and your wife
You need, Passport(s), LIUK, English language proof and marriage certificate

Just a quick question for you, we already submitted LIUK and English language proof for ILR. I saw there was a section where you tick the box and mention this. Does this mean, you dont have to submit these two documents?