ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do previous rejections impact future visas?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sohois
Newly Registered

Do previous rejections impact future visas?

Post by sohois » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:18 am

Hello,

Last year my girlfriend tried to get a general visitor visa for Christmas to visit with the family. However, she was rejected on the grounds that they didn't believe she had sufficient ties to China to return. I can't say it was a massive injustice as she had no job at the time, only savings to tie her back.

Anyway, we are looking to apply again for the summer and she has become convinced that the rejection is an utter disaster that will make it impossible to get approved. Now, nothing I've ever heard has lead me to believe it will have much effect on future applications.

Is anyone here familiar with what kind of impact this prior rejection can have?

Thanks

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: Do previous rejections impact future visas?

Post by Mauser1905 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:58 am

sohois wrote:Hello,

Last year my girlfriend tried to get a general visitor visa for Christmas to visit with the family. However, she was rejected on the grounds that they didn't believe she had sufficient ties to China to return. I can't say it was a massive injustice as she had no job at the time, only savings to tie her back.

Anyway, we are looking to apply again for the summer and she has become convinced that the rejection is an utter disaster that will make it impossible to get approved. Now, nothing I've ever heard has lead me to believe it will have much effect on future applications.

Thanks
Yours is a classic example of temptation to hide information when filling form. Yes previous rejections affect future applications, unless the situation has changed significantly to address the previous rejection issues.

sohois
Newly Registered

Post by sohois » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:34 am

Mauser1905 wrote:

Thanks
Yours is a classic example of temptation to hide information when filling form. Yes previous rejections affect future applications, unless the situation has changed significantly to address the previous rejection issues.
Well, on the subject of your first sentence, we have thought about her simply applying for a visitor visa on her own without mentioning me or my family, which would be a significant change, I presume.

And she would apply with a job this time as well

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:45 pm

sohois wrote: Well, on the subject of your first sentence, we have thought about her simply applying for a visitor visa on her own without mentioning me or my family, which would be a significant change, I presume.

Have a keen look in this guidance document and please make yourself and applicant aware of the latest credibility and intentions:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 5_0EXT.pdf

How would you or applicant justify in second application of relationship in new application while in first one she hasn't mentioned it at all.

A job on its own may not necessarily provide sufficient evidence to the ECO about applicant's ties to home country and that she would return to home country.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:49 pm

sohois wrote:
Mauser1905 wrote:

Thanks
Well, on the subject of your first sentence, we have thought about her simply applying for a visitor visa on her own without mentioning me or my family, which would be a significant change, I presume.

So she's going to lie..well that's a sure fire way to get another refusal, and a 10 year ban.

sohois
Newly Registered

Post by sohois » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:22 am

Greenie wrote: So she's going to lie..well that's a sure fire way to get another refusal, and a 10 year ban.
Best to just reapply in the same way then, I'm guessing.