ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The second citizenship (EU). The beginning of the qualifying

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

caravansahara
Newly Registered

The second citizenship (EU). The beginning of the qualifying

Post by caravansahara » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:13 pm

Dear Sir/Madame,

Here is my timeline of my stay in the UK:

04 may 2009 - I entered the UK on the T1 visa (as a non-EU citizen)
11 may 2009 - I started employment in a highl y skilled job and I have remained employed ever since without interruptions
21 November 2010 - I obtained a second citizenship (EU2) and continued to be employed at the same company. At that stage, EU2 citizens couldn't yet take up employment without work authorisation, unless they were exempt.
08 August 2011- A Blue registration Certificate was issued to me under HSMP after a successful BR2 application

My questions:

1) From wich date does my 5 years qualifying period for Permanent Rezidence as a EU national begin :

a) From 21st November 2010 (assuming I was exempt from Work Authorization because I was holding valid T1 visa, wasn’t I ?), or

b) From 8 Augus 2011 when I was issued with Blue Registration Certificate (as Highly Skilled Worker)

2) If from 21st November 2010, would the Blue Certificat (8 August 2011) be an issue ?

Thank you, I look forward to your thoughts

caravansahara
Newly Registered

Re: The second citizenship (EU). The beginning of the qualif

Post by caravansahara » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:48 pm

Any thoughts, please ?

Thank you.

pruk88
Newly Registered

Re: The second citizenship (EU). The beginning of the qualif

Post by pruk88 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:53 am

i think it would depend on you entry clearance, on what capacity you entered the uk