ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for immigration while studying

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Obalende

Post by Obalende » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:33 pm

Hello,

I would be most glad if someone could spare some time PLEASE to help me with the following questions which may also be beneficial to all.

1. I am applying to do a Masters program in Canada in embedded systems next year. I have just graduated from a UK uni but I am a visa national. Will it be possible to apply for a work permit or canadian immigration while studying in Canada?

2. Please could someone shed more light on the weather in the province of Ontario - Toronto, Edmonton etc - what the normal weather is like and how the UK summers compare?

3. What are the possibilities of getting a job after studying and in which area are embedded engineers needed the most?

Thanks.

Willy
Newly Registered

Post by Willy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:25 am

Hi,

There are a lot more to consider, but please see below the answer to your questions:

1. Yes, international student is allowed to work off-campus with a work permit. There are requirements and conditions for the work permit. And you can apply for immigration while you will be studying in Canada, as long as you meet the requirement.

2. Check out Environment Canada: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/canada_e.html
It should give you some ideas.

3. As a visa student, you can apply for a work permit (up to 2 yrs) after completion of your program without employer sponsorship required. However, please note that there are requirements and conditions for this application.

Wil
willy@chengcosgrove.com
www.chengcosgrove.com