ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA with Polish Wife

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Non-EEA with Polish Wife

Post by Pakhtoon » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:12 am

removed
Last edited by Pakhtoon on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:38 pm

I do not think many people here would know much about the conditions and working delays of the Polish government and their laws. But since the marriage was in Poland to a Polish national and currently awaiting a Polish residence approval, I am sorry to tell that the European Commission would not be able to do a lot for you as it is a national matter.
Jabi

freshprince

Post by freshprince » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:30 pm

Hello matey

Poles love to go through paperwork and the time varies,some people get their karta pobytus in 30 days and others a tad bit longer but I wouldnt worry too much about the delays,I assume that you went to Dulga but seeing as you didnt apply under EU rules as it has been rightly pointed out,you have to wait out the process under national rules which is still SHORTER than going the EU route as you might have to wait 6months for the other one.If its any consolation you wouldnt be the only one waiting as this happens periodically but things generally slow down at Dulga as the ember months kick off.

In a nutshell,it will come.Your wife of course is free to enquire as to when,etc.

Hope this helps some :wink:

encinizm
Newly Registered

Re: Non-EEA with Polish Wife

Post by encinizm » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:02 pm

inwarsaw wrote: Our interview was perfect so I don't think they are taking our marriage to be that of convenience, besides we have also been through police checks, clearence from the local bodies and apparently everything seems all right but we can't comprehend why couldn't they take the decision on specified date ? does anyone have any idea of why is it taking so long ? what should we do ?
i think you dont have to worry as you are saying that interview went perfectly. i went through the interview as well and same things were going through my mind. What i realized is that, because in big cities like Warsaw or Krakow , there are huge amonths of applications are going through so thats probably why its taking long. whereas if u applying in smaller ,rural areas around Poland, its quicker coz they dont see many foreigners who is applying for the resident card. and i donno if u see that as i do, in Poland , things taking place really slow in the government buldings (i think its better than in some other EU countries anyway). so overall i can say that dont worry if u have been through the interview, with the police and other authories as good as you described. Just wait for the decision .
good luck.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:34 pm

removed
Last edited by Pakhtoon on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

encinizm
Newly Registered

Post by encinizm » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:37 am

inwarsaw wrote:Hello guys
To encinizm...did you also apply for resident card in 'marriage to a Pole' category ? did you apply in Warsaw ? and how long did you wait to get a decision ?
hi
yes i did apply for resident card coz my wife is polish. i applied in Leszno. its been 1 month since the interview. we wanted the interview after 2 weeks of applyin it. i know the decision but i still havent got the decision paper. we know that it all went good and the decision is very positive. the lady who deals with my case is so nice and told us everything is great just wait for the papers to be sent to u. so i m persuming that it will arrive in this week as she said that they will finish and would have sent on last friday. Mate,things are slow in poland :) So i dont have the card yet as well but its good to hear positive things from authoroties. When we have the papers i ll apply for the card which will take 2 weeks to do it, thats what they told us. your wife should call the person who deals with ur case, so you ll feel relaxed bit more. you can find out who is the person to talk to from the place where you did your application.
good luck!

SuperX7
Newly Registered

Post by SuperX7 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:13 am

Hi guys,

inwarsaw, your situation sounds very familiar to mine (kinda scary), except that we arent married yet (trying to get that sorted by 2008) :) Congratulations first of all, hope you are very happy!

I suppose the only difference is that I dont need a visa to visit Poland as a tourist (I am South Korean) and I've been visiting roughly once a month for about a week. I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions seeing as you already went through the marriage in Poland? Or anyone else that has been in a similiar situation (NON-EU married to Pole)

I was wondering exactly what paperwork you needed to go on with the marriage? (Birth certificate etc...) I assume you had a civil wedding? What religion are you etc? Did that affect where you could hold your wedding (Catholic Church etc). Any replies would be greatly appreciated! I'm finding it hard to get accurate answers and seeing that some of you already went through what I will in the future, I'm sure your knowledge is priceless. Thanks in advance!

SuperX7
Newly Registered

Post by SuperX7 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:58 am

inwarsaw wrote:I guess you guys are right because first, the polish offices ( all of them, not just immigration ) are very beaurocratic and even a small simple thing takes ages to get through. We had the same problem with getting married, it took months and numerous visits to the relevant offices when in theory, it should have happened in a few days...
Care to share any details? PM/Email if you dont want to post them here? I would really like to know why you had problems getting married please and why it took months? I need as much information as possible and experience from others... I really appreciate it.

Thanks man! And here I thought I was the one of the very few with this problem :) I feel so relieved that others have been through the same and are ok...,

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:11 am

I had to apply for a Polish work permit in 1995, and it took a very long and complicated process to get it sorted out! They seem to love their paperwork...
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

freshprince

Post by freshprince » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:53 am

Dude

I would suggest getting married OUTSIDE Poland if you are worried about the paperwork because even for the citizens it takes a pretty long time and if its a civil ceremony I am sure that there is a month in between when the notice is given to the authorities before you actually do get married.Sorry cant be a bit more specific as I gathered this info from a freind of mine who was getting married to his Ukrainian girlfreind and there were enough four letter expleteives for the process to register in my brain as a no no.You might consider doing it in Ireland which I reckon is faster than the UK,same validity.Or pretty much anywhere you like since I assume South Korea is visa free for most of the EU countries if not all of them.

If you do intend to do it in Poland,brace yourself for the beuracracy,its slow and maddening and oh they just "love"the fact you are getting married to a Polish girl.......Duh...Not!

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:45 am

removed
Last edited by Pakhtoon on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:50 am

Congratulations on getting it sorted out!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:39 pm

Considering what you had to endure, a well deserved congrats is in order!
Jabi

SuperX7
Newly Registered

Post by SuperX7 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:55 pm

Yes!

Congratulations for finally sorting it out inwarsaw.. It must have been such a nightmare... But good things come to those who wait!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, and giving me tips... Im sure it will help me. I hope you stick around these forums, I too will share my experience in the future, and perhaps you could give me more advice later on, down the line. :D

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:30 pm

Congratulations!!! It took some courage between harassment at the Airport and at the Registrar office to be able to go through with the marriage!

Any chance they were harassing you for a bribe? From my experience in Asia, when they make you run around it's usually for an ulterior reason.

freshprince

Post by freshprince » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Yup,sounds like Poland all right,got you running around like a pack of circus monkeys and about the bribe...it is possible...there seems to be a shadowy Mafia network in Poland that is supposed to be the Eastern version of the Sopranos and they are supposed to be able to make "irrefusable"offers to the beauracrats,I know this because I was interviewing some black football players whose efforts to get redress through the courts for all kinds of shenanigans involving their contracts and benefits was being stonewalled by this Mafia type dons,their panic and resignation was proof enough something was pretty lovely in Denmark however since the majority of us dont know how to get their phone numbers out of the yellow pages,we have to play it by ear dont we?

Your experience sounds scary but great it turned out okay and oh yeah all British citizens are persona grata in Poland,reciprocity for the Brits all embracing work policies,go figure.They do go through the mill of course but its expedited with the greatest of courtesy.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:42 pm

removed
Last edited by Pakhtoon on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:59 pm

Inwarsaw I read your story.It appears that it will not be easier to make u lucky as you mentioned in one of your posts :) i think this is the worst that can happen to anyone but full credit to you for not giving up the effort.

You can make some money man write a book :)

I am from pakistan and married to a polish woman :)

Congratulations to you man.
Last edited by runie80 on Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:36 pm

Inwarsaw, wouldn't it have been easier for you to have your fiancee come over to the UK and getting married there?People thinking of getting married in Poland would have a lot to learn from your experience.

kubulek
Newly Registered

Post by kubulek » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:43 pm

Hi, am new to this forum and i will be grateful if anyone can give me some advice on my suituation.
This is my story,
I am an asylum seeker here in Ireland,am married to a polish national with our 3months old baby.I applied for EU1 and was denied.
My wife suggested that we move to poland where i can get my resident permit and after that we can move to any other country.
My questions is:
Should i ask the DOJ for permission to leave the state if i get the visa to poland or i should leave without there permission?
please i need some advice from anyone.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:09 pm

I don't think you need permissio to leave the state.
If you are in doubt, contact the 'Refugee information service' in Ireland.
http://www.ris.ie/default.asp

or the
Irish Refugee Council
http://www.irishrefugeecouncil.ie/

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:24 pm

removed
Last edited by Pakhtoon on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperX7
Newly Registered

Post by SuperX7 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:35 pm

Hey inwarsaw,

Just checking up on ya. I bookmarked two threads on here (this is one of them) and foolishly didnt realise that people were posting replies because I only saw what was last posted in one page (the one that I bookmarked) *insert homer simpson d'oh* :?

How are you doing? Are you in Poland? If so, how are you coping with life there? How is your Polish? :)

Regards,

SuperX7

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:51 pm

removed
Last edited by Pakhtoon on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:53 pm

I was a temporary immigrant in Poland for a year - I worked there as an English teacher for a year 1995-6 when I was between school and university. I lived in a small town called Olkusz, between Krakow and Katowice.