ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

happyguy82

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by happyguy82 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:04 pm

Kwagga wrote:Thank You god. Now we gonna have peace and quiet on here.
Muahahahahha :lol: :lol: :lol:

PAK321

Post by PAK321 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:01 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:Finally, Got my approval. Time to book ceremony.Got approved in 4 weeks. Not bad experience.

Sent: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:00 pm
To: PAK321

u talk abt training. Did i slept with ur sister? hahaha

The answer is no you slept with your mother. :D :D :D

PAK321

Post by PAK321 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:05 pm

happyguy82 wrote:
Kwagga wrote:Thank You god. Now we gonna have peace and quiet on here.
Muahahahahha :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes you are right, Thank God

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:18 pm

Eligibility criteria: 10 YEARS + ILR 1 year
Language criteria met: UK MSc degree & Life in the UK
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: London
Date of application: 23 FEB 2015 Monday
Received UKBA 24/02/2015 at 0815
Payment method: Debit Card fees taken 27 Feb 2015 Friday
Acknowledgment:Received on 5/03/2015
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony: waiting

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:44 pm

happyguy82 wrote:Guys,

Will the HO send the Approval letter by Email or only snail mail?

Thanks.
Does that letter say that there is a need of further checks due to a "DODGY immigration history" ?

So do u think whoever is getting their applications delayed or receiving that delay letter of 3-6 months having a "DODGY immigration history" ?

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:33 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (Wandsworth Register Office)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/03/2015
Date of debit of fees: awaiting
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: awaiting
Date of receipt of approval: awaiting
Date of Ceremony: awaiting

I would also like to ask you something guys. Did anyone apply from Northern Ireland? I live in Northern Ireland and I have heard that Home Office sends a letter for criminal check for those who live in Northern Ireland and apply for naturalasation. It's because Northern Irish police does not share any information without our approval. Is that right?

I mean, if that's right I will have to wait for HO to send me that letter, I will then have to go to police station with that necessary form and Northern Irish police will send the criminal check results directly to HO. That's what I've heard. If that's right, it means few weeks will be added on the top of the decision time...
Last edited by ironmaiden on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:36 pm

ironmaiden wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/05/2015

I would also like to ask you something guys. Did anyone apply from Northern Ireland? I live in Northern Ireland and I have heard that Home Office sends a letter for criminal check for those who live in Northern Ireland and apply for naturalasation. It's because Northern Irish police does not share any information without our approval. Is that right?

I mean, if that's right I will have to wait for HO to send me that letter, I will then have to go to police station with that necessary form and Northern Irish police will send the criminal check results directly to HO. That's what I've heard. If that's right, it means few weeks will be added on the top of the decision time...
I think u need to mend the date

ironmaiden

Post by ironmaiden » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:39 pm

Rahel1984 wrote:
ironmaiden wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/05/2015

I think u need to mend the date
Thanks, I did!

HowILR

Post by HowILR » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:21 pm

HI I am gonna apply m citizenship in next month. i am planing to go for debt mangement plan or IVA process as i have got too much debt and i paid min amt all the time now can't afford to pay so i need to settled down.

Does dmp or iva affect citizenship as per as i know HO doesn't do credit check and also i don't have any ccj.

If doesn't shall i gor for dmp or Iva after i apply or before ??

Does anyone know which one will affect citizenship dmp or IVA? Or both will be same?

Pls help........

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:48 pm

waiz89k wrote:

Thanks.
Does that letter say that there is a need of further checks due to a "DODGY immigration history" ?

So do u think whoever is getting their applications delayed or receiving that delay letter of 3-6 months having a "DODGY immigration history" ?
I said people are getting delayed due to personal circumstances. I never said they had dodgy immigration history. That was just a suggestion as a possible reason.

queenofhisheart
Newly Registered

Post by queenofhisheart » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:10 pm

queenofhisheart wrote:Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5 Years EEA spouse +1 Year ILR
Language criteria met: Master Degree from UK
Method of application: NCS Ilford
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of posted by Royal Mail: 24 Feb 2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 26/02/2015
Date of debit of fees: 28/02/15
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: received 5 March 15(dated 28/02/15)
Date of receipt of approval: tbc
Date of Ceremony: tbc

PAK321

Post by PAK321 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:12 pm

happyguy82 wrote:
waiz89k wrote:

Thanks.

I said people are getting delayed due to personal circumstances. I never said they had dodgy immigration history. That was just a suggestion as a possible reason.
God help you happy, wish you good luck

galathea
Newly Registered

Post by galathea » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:57 pm

waiz89k wrote:
happyguy82 wrote:
waiz89k wrote:
I am not pointing out or picking up anyone here but these 1 week/2 weeks approvals seem unreal to me when there r people waiting for ages. Rules are/should be same for everyone, If HO is doing extra scrutiny (coz of that famous report on 11 Dec) for one then it should be done for all. OR does anybody have any idea that what is the logic or reason behind not doing it for everyone???
Yes the same rules apply to everyone. The reason some are delayed could be because they trigger further checks. e.g. dodgy travel history, background, etc. The fact that some people get approved quicker doesn't mean they're subject to a different set of rules; but rather their circumstances make it easier and quicker for the approval.
Please correct me if I am wrong, so u mean whoever is waiting for more than a usaul time have had something dodgy in their history e.g. dodgy travel history, background, etc. (quoting your words exactly). If u mean what I understood than i dont think so it is the case.

If ones application is delayed, IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY HAVE DECEIVED HO IN THE PAST, IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY HAVE DONE SOMETHING DODGY IN THEIR NATURALISATION APPLICATION OR ANY PREVIOUS APPLICATIONS OR HAVE DONE SOMETHING DODGY WITH ANY OF THE GOVT ORGINISATIONS.

If for a second hypothetically we agree to ur statement that The reason some are delayed could be because they trigger further checks. e.g. dodgy travel history, background, etc. then How come people r getting aprovals after 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 or even 11 months, they should've been refused coz of their dodgy background.

It is disrespectful to people who r waiting for a long time just because of any possible reason.

If my understanding is wrong of ur statement then please correct me.

Infact nobody here can tell what r the procedures HO is following. Some literly straight forward applications have been waiting for months n months and some critical/difficult applications have been processed and approved in days/weeks times. So it is totally unpridictable.

Some more comments will be much appreciated please on this take of happyguy82.
I agree that there is no connection whatsever to applicants background etc, the timelines seem to be rather random. My application is very straitforward, senior position in Fortune500, same employer all the time, two masters degrees with fellowships, immaculate immigrtaion history and, nonetheless, waiting for months every time I have to deal with HO.

sethar433
Newly Registered

Post by sethar433 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:00 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: Tier-1 5yr + 1 yr ILR
Language criteria: Life in the UK + English majority national (Australia)
Method of application: NCS Islington 20/02/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/02/2015
Date of debit of fees: 26/02/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 05/03/2015 (dated 26/02/2015)
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of Ceremony: waiting

Ozgueler
Newly Registered

Post by Ozgueler » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:53 pm

skahmed wrote:
Ozgueler wrote:
Badman87 wrote:Ozgueler,

It was nice to see you at the ceremony today. Good luck with everything! I went straight to the post office to apply for the passport :D
People, please ignore ImranIqbal - he's just frustrated and obviously jealous that other people are receiving approvals quickly. I got mine decided in 8 days and went to the ceremony and met another member (ozgueler) off this forum there, so what have you got to say about that?! Also Imran, why do you keep posting the same timeline without updates? I wonder why yours is taking long - maybe it's karma for your disgusting behaviour.

Anyway people, stay strong, pray and everything will work out fairly soon. See you at the passport section!
God Bless!
It was nice to meet you Badman,
Thanks for coming over & saying hi. Good luck with your passport application. I am going on holiday soon. Therefore I will apply on my return. In the meantime I will follow the passport section.
Take care

Hi Ozgueler

Can I ask you a question mate?

You have mentioned that you have attended the ceremony but you 'll apply for passport once you are back from holidays. Just wanted to know is it ok to travel without British passport after you become British citizen? also what travel document you will present at the immigration on your return?

I am in the same situation actually thats why just wanted to know if it is ok to do so?

Thanks
Hey,
My country of origin accepts dual citizenship. Thus I will use my passport along with my ILR card on my return. I don't think I will have any problem. I searched about this situation on immigrationboards. There are similar experiences and nobody mentiones about having a problem. Have a look at these links
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 77435.html
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 39170.html
I hope I was any of help. Take care.

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:01 am

sethar433 wrote:Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: Tier-1 5yr + 1 yr ILR
Language criteria: Life in the UK + English majority national (Australia)
Method of application: NCS Islington 20/02/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/02/2015
Date of debit of fees: 26/02/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 05/03/2015 (dated 26/02/2015)
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of Ceremony: waiting

Eligibility criteria: 21/2 year on Spouse Visa + 6 months on ILR (British Spouse) Visa before July 2012. :D
Current nationality: Indian :?
Method of application: Nationality Check Service (Bristol) :lol:
Date of application: 05-03-2015 @ 3:00 PM :D
Date of receipt by UKBA: 06-03-2015 @ 7:55 AM :)
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: TBA
Date of acknowledgment: TBA
Date approval received: TBA
Date of ceremony: TBA
Last edited by Tangie on Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

benson147
Newly Registered

Post by benson147 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:04 am

Is there anybody who received the letter from HO about the delay in their application received approval yet, please update, am still waiting since june last year.

thanks

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:47 am

benson147 wrote:Is there anybody who received the letter from HO about the delay in their application received approval yet, please update, am still waiting since june last year.

thanks
Yes there are. If you scroll back a couple of pages and read the posts, I recall at least 1 person had the approval after 7 - 8 months.

L'hotel
Newly Registered

Post by L'hotel » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:30 am

Hi Guys,

I am new on here :D But have to say it is very helpful throughout may Naturalisation application.
I have applied in 18/6/14 and got acknowledgment letter about two weeks after. Ever since I have not heard anything from HO I called and I get the famous answer @it is still under consideration@.

However I travelled about two weeks ago(on Travel document) I got stopped at immigration for further checks and when the immgration officer came back he told me that he cheked the records and he is pleased to inform that I have been approved for British Citizenship! However I have not recieved an approval letter? Can anyone suggest what to do?

benson147
Newly Registered

Post by benson147 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:15 pm

L'hotel wrote:Hi Guys,

I am new on here :D But have to say it is very helpful throughout may Naturalisation application.
I have applied in 18/6/14 and got acknowledgment letter about two weeks after. Ever since I have not heard anything from HO I called and I get the famous answer @it is still under consideration@.

However I travelled about two weeks ago(on Travel document) I got stopped at immigration for further checks and when the immgration officer came back he told me that he cheked the records and he is pleased to inform that I have been approved for British Citizenship! However I have not recieved an approval letter? Can anyone suggest what to do?

Oh that is cool to know, but it is strange as i do not think they boarder staff are able to see this as they just check you brp and passport if needed thumb print you, are you sure you have not missed the letter from them, maybe you should give them a call and see if any letter got sent out.

PAK321

Post by PAK321 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:43 pm

My suggestion is to call your registrar office to check your name is on ceremony or not, some times they receive info before we receive letter. If they have your name then may be you getting post late, also we are seeing people getting letters after one week and more from the date showing on approval letter.

Res
Mood:
Romania

Post by Res » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:05 pm

Eligibility criteria: 7 years
Language criteria met: B1 + Life in The UK Test
Current nationality: Romanian
Date of application: 20/02/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/02/2015 (royal mail website check)
Payment method: Debit card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 26/02/2015
Date of acknowledgment letter received: Awaiting
Date approval received: Awaiting
Date of ceremony: Awaiting

It's been a week since they took the money and no acknowledgment letter received or e-mail. Is that normal or is something I should worry about? :shock:

L'hotel
Newly Registered

Post by L'hotel » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:10 pm

Funny you suggest I call and I just did! They have asked to write to the HO I was gobsmacked!!! I did not tell the guy on phone that a UKBA staff told me it is approved as I di not want to get into it (i know in hindsight may be i should have told him) but hey ho...

Back to heathrow UKBA he went to do some checks as I did not have my BRP and when he came back he told me about the approval. I never recieved the letter that most people who have waited longer than six months recieved so I am completely in the dark...

L'hotel
Newly Registered

Post by L'hotel » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:13 pm

PAK321 wrote:

My suggestion is to call your registrar office to check your name is on ceremony or not, some times they receive info before we receive letter. If they have your name then may be you getting post late, also we are seeing people getting letters after one week and more from the date showing on approval letter.
I have changed my address since application but the home office are aware... Do you suggest I call the new borough's registrar's office or my old borough office? UKBA is driving me nuts :roll:

skahmed
Newly Registered

Post by skahmed » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi Ozgueler

Can I ask you a question mate?

You have mentioned that you have attended the ceremony but you 'll apply for passport once you are back from holidays. Just wanted to know is it ok to travel without British passport after you become British citizen? also what travel document you will present at the immigration on your return?

I am in the same situation actually thats why just wanted to know if it is ok to do so?

Thanks[/quote]

Hey,
My country of origin accepts dual citizenship. Thus I will use my passport along with my ILR card on my return. I don't think I will have any problem. I searched about this situation on immigrationboards. There are similar experiences and nobody mentiones about having a problem. Have a look at these links
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 77435.html
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 39170.html
I hope I was any of help. Take care.
[/quote]

Hello mate, thanks alot for your reply. This is really helpful and links you have shared are of great help.

I am also eligible to keep dual nationality so I believe I am also ok to return to the UK using my current passport and ILR card. I'll try that.

Thanks once again.