ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

September 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bestofall
Newly Registered

Re: September 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by bestofall » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:05 pm

Congrats ohojska and cmpic ... I'm getting excited now :D

Gladwing
Newly Registered

Post by Gladwing » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:03 pm

cmpic wrote:FINALLY THE APPROVAL IS HERE!!! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 (6 years) (non EU)
ILR: 12 months
Language criteria: Life in the UK + USA Bachelor’s degree
Method of application: NCS Southwark
Date of application: 10/09/2014
Date received by UKBA: 11/09/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date fee deducted: 15/09/2014
Date approval received: 02/03/2015 (dated 22/02/2015)
Date of ceremony: TBD
Congrats cmpic! I applied on the 9th of sep and still waiting. May I ask you if you had filled anything in your form that required third party checks like for example traffic PCNs etc? I did declare my PCN even though I paid the penalty and there was no conviction or license points and I did this a the lady at NCS asked me to declare it .. Am just wondering if anyone like me stil waiting .. Will be great if you can let us know. Thanks

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:09 pm

Here is list of people who are still waiting according to my sheet. About 75% of applications have been approved.
Attachments
dashboard.jpg
dashboard.jpg (199.73 KiB) Viewed 1393 times

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:11 pm

Gladwing wrote: Congrats cmpic! I applied on the 9th of sep and still waiting. May I ask you if you had filled anything in your form that required third party checks like for example traffic PCNs etc? I did declare my PCN even though I paid the penalty and there was no conviction or license points and I did this a the lady at NCS asked me to declare it .. Am just wondering if anyone like me stil waiting .. Will be great if you can let us know. Thanks
Thanks! No, I didn't have anything funky... no tickets or convictions or anything else.

heisenberg150
Newly Registered

Re: October 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by heisenberg150 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:01 am

heisenberg150 wrote:Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5yrs +1 year
Method of application: NCS (Eastleigh )
Date of application: 20/05/2014
Received Date : 21/05/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of Payment: 29/05/2014
Date of acknowledgement: Letter dated 29/05/2014
Approval : waiting
Date of Ceremony: waiting

So Guys… I finally got my approval last month… Good luck to everyone. Lets keep the hope alive!

theghid
Newly Registered

Post by theghid » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:40 pm

theghid wrote: I have been lurking here for a while and found it quite useful. Here is my timeline.

Eligibility criteria: 5 year Tier 1 (Investor) + 1 year ILR
Language criteria: B1 Test, Life in the UK Test
Current nationality: South African
Method of application: NCS (Weybridge)
Date of application: 02/09/14
Payment method: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 04/09/14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 08/09/14
Date of acknowledgment: 09/09/14
Date approval received: 03/03/2015 letter dated 25/02/2015
Date of ceremony: TBC
Finally received my approval, almost exactly 6 months later.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:52 pm

Please update your details on the excel file and
esmsi wrote:I try to make a excel sheet where everybody's time will be there.
Please update there . Please do not put your real name or any personal information there.

bestofall
Newly Registered

Post by bestofall » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:13 pm

Veels geluk theghid ;).
And Congratulations to heizenburg150 as well.

Wooo they are trickling through now :D

Afaaro
Newly Registered

Post by Afaaro » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:00 am

6 month is gone today and no news.

bestofall
Newly Registered

Post by bestofall » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:53 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 years & 15+ years ILR
Language criteria met: LITUK + CEFR C1
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 10/09/14
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/09/14
Date of acknowledgment: 17/09/14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 19/09/14
Date approval received: 04/03/2015 (dated 27/02/2015)

Finally!!!!!!!. Will update ceremony details tomorrow after contacting the local council.

To my fellow September applicants, keep your chin up. I thought mine would take even longer as my application was quite complicated so I sincerely hope you receive your brown envelope within the next few days or weeks (and not months). I think they are finally attacking the backlog now.

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:20 pm

bestofall wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 years & 15+ years ILR
Language criteria met: LITUK + CEFR C1
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 10/09/14
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/09/14
Date of acknowledgment: 17/09/14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 19/09/14
Date approval received: 04/03/2015 (dated 27/02/2015)

Finally!!!!!!!. Will update ceremony details tomorrow after contacting the local council.

To my fellow September applicants, keep your chin up. I thought mine would take even longer as my application was quite complicated so I sincerely hope you receive your brown envelope within the next few days or weeks (and not months). I think they are finally attacking the backlog now.

congrates..so happy for you...the journey is over for you...

we are still in the balck hole...just called them and was advised that it is still "under processing"... so not looking to receive it in the next week any way which will take me beyond the 6 month bar. Sigh

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:02 pm

Guys,

This is good news to say the least, at last some positives on the September thread. :D

Today makes it 6months based on the royal mail proof of delivery and this weekend based on the date on the acknowledgement letter.

I am still waiting and I do hope that this will be over soon, HO has stopped picking up calls as I tried to call them for an update yesterday and today with the 132 option.

Anyway I have spoken with my lawyers through whom I made my application and they have filed a letter of complaint to the HO to explain the reasons for the delay and advice reasons for the delay as this is 6months and to advice a date when a decision will be reached and if they are still needing additional information they should not hesitate to ask, so fingers crossed.

Never did imagine I will be waiting for 6months, well thats the case

Gladwing
Newly Registered

Post by Gladwing » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:26 pm

Hi, I am getting closer to my finish line for the 6month too..:( no news yet..
Can someone from September applicant list let me know if they have declared their traffic PCN in civil penalty section and sill waiting ... I have declared mine and think that would have delayed my application as it might have gone for a verification ...it will be good to know if anyone else is the same boat as mine

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:40 pm

I don’t think the PCN will be an issue unless its occurs repeatedly and as long as it didn’t end up in court I will imagine you will be fine, however I will leave that for senior members to advice.

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:44 pm

Gladwing wrote:Hi, I am getting closer to my finish line for the 6month too..:( no news yet..
Can someone from September applicant list let me know if they have declared their traffic PCN in civil penalty section and sill waiting ... I have declared mine and think that would have delayed my application as it might have gone for a verification ...it will be good to know if anyone else is the same boat as mine
really doubt thats the case.....unless multiple FPN/PCN 12 months before the application it should not really matter....even if they do carry out "further checks" it should not take them 6 months...basically they may have not opened the case yet...ppl receiving approval now had a pristine record and it took them almost 6 months...

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:10 pm

Infact my latest update as at today is that HO have confirmed that my application is at the final stages. That they have been carrying out checks and the delay is due to these checks outwith HO control. So far they have received responses from these checks and no negative.

They confirmed that they are still waiting on the last check to return and a decision should be expected shortly.

Whether this is just a made up story from the HO, I do not know because coincidentally at the end of the 6months they are now receiving responses for checks they have made on my application since September 2014...something fishy.

Gladwing
Newly Registered

Post by Gladwing » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:25 pm

Thank you all..I will update once I receive any feedback from HO

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:52 pm

Gladwing wrote:declared their traffic PCN in civil penalty section
Why would you declare a PCN under civil penalty? PCN is not a civil penalty and if you only had one, you didn't even have to declare it.

It can be the cause of delay in your application if someone had actually thought that its a civil penalty and wanted to do further checks because of that.

Gladwing
Newly Registered

Post by Gladwing » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:44 pm

It was because of the lady at the NCS who insisted that I need to declare..I raised the same argument and didn't want to push as she said as per procedure I should declare it and it is upto the home office to decide..she also said it shouldn't be an issue in my case I have paid the penalty on time and it us better to disclose ...I didn't have a choice really ...

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:38 pm

Gladwing wrote:It was because of the lady at the NCS who insisted that I need to declare..I raised the same argument and didn't want to push as she said as per procedure I should declare it and it is upto the home office to decide..she also said it shouldn't be an issue in my case I have paid the penalty on time and it us better to disclose ...I didn't have a choice really ...
Looks like she was wrong. If you only had one PCN in last 12 months, you don't even need to declare it. If she insisted or you had more, it needs to go on page 15 not under civil penalty section.

Gladwing
Newly Registered

Post by Gladwing » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:18 pm

It is really unfortunate I ended up with this lady ...all I had was one PCN in last 12 months and I also had another PCN which was in 2011.. She wrote both the PCN herself in my form in civil penalty section ..clearly this us delaying my application

I am thinking if giving it until 9th march as that's when my official 6 months gets over.. Will call HO for status and if it is still under processing I will then write to HO stating my details if PCN and the mistake of adding that in civil Pendleton section .. I can also send the prof if PCN Lester I received sling with payment confirmation .. Hope it works! Any advise or suggestion pls let me know .. Thanks!

bestofall
Newly Registered

Post by bestofall » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:22 pm

legit2011 wrote:Infact my latest update as at today is that HO have confirmed that my application is at the final stages. That they have been carrying out checks and the delay is due to these checks outwith HO control. So far they have received responses from these checks and no negative.

They confirmed that they are still waiting on the last check to return and a decision should be expected shortly.

Whether this is just a made up story from the HO, I do not know because coincidentally at the end of the 6months they are now receiving responses for checks they have made on my application since September 2014...something fishy.
Be positive guys, there's definitely every indication that they are finally ploughing through the neglected applications. The first time they asked me for more info was in December ... and it was to do with basic eligibility so I think nothing was done on the application from September until December.
For my application they had to get information from the Insolvency Service as I had both a personal bankcruptcy and company liquidation (of which I was a director). So take heart from this ... I think it's not that the checks take long ... just that they didn't start processing the applications immediately. Just my theory.

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:51 am

legit2011 wrote:Infact my latest update as at today is that HO have confirmed that my application is at the final stages. That they have been carrying out checks and the delay is due to these checks outwith HO control. So far they have received responses from these checks and no negative.

Hi Legit,

How did you get them to say so much? They did not tell me anything but "udner processing". Are you past 6 months now? I have few more days to go.

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:05 am

"london_2014.
I had applied via a solicitor and she was only chasing up on my behalf. I got the update from her.
actually whenever I try to call, they (HO) either dont take my calls or when they do they say its 'under consideration' :)
I guess they were able to open up more because my solicitor contacted them

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:07 am

Following the date on the letter of acknowledgement, my 6months expires on the 9th of march.