ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching - ICT Tier 2 Long Term to Tier 4 dependent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bsharma05
Newly Registered

Switching - ICT Tier 2 Long Term to Tier 4 dependent

Post by bsharma05 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:33 pm

Hi,

Need your help and suggestion !!!

I am in UK on ICT Tier 2 Long Term Staff migrant, which is valid till 30th Feb'2015. My current assignment is getting over so my employer is pushing me to go back to India but I would like to continue in UK with other employer. At present my wife is in India, I am exploring few options like If I will call her in UK on student (Tier 4) visa for master's course which duration is more than 12 months or above 24 months, in that case I need few clarification.

1) Can I transfer my visa status from ICT Tier 2 Long Term - Main Applicant to Tier 4 dependent ?

2) Do I need to go back to India for entry clearance to transfer visa status from ICT Tier 2 to Tier 4 dependent ?

3) Do I need to serve 12 months cooling off period to transfer the my visa status from ICT Tier 2 Long Term to Tier 4 dependent ?

4) Any complexity or restriction in getting transferred the my visa status from ICT Tier 2 Long Term to Tier 4 dependent inside the UK ?

5) Going forward in future if want to transfer my visa status from Tier 4 dependent to Tier 2 general inside the UK , will it be any issue ? do I need to serve 12 cooling period as my prior visa status was ICT Tier 2 Long Term ?

It would be great if you can help me on above queries.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
B Sharma

Sunshine_R
Newly Registered

Re: Switching - ICT Tier 2 Long Term to Tier 4 dependent

Post by Sunshine_R » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:07 am

Hello Sharma,

Have you resolved your problem. Could you please share here how it was resolved? Appreciate your help and response :)