ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing from Tier2 ICT to Tier 4 dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sunshine_R
Newly Registered

Changing from Tier2 ICT to Tier 4 dependent

Post by Sunshine_R » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:02 am

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 ICT Short term (Employer sponsored) visa. My spouse is planning to join for a one year course at UK. My doubt is, after my visa expires, can I change to Tier 4 dependent visa. Is there a cooling off period? Should I apply for dependent visa from my native country?

Thanks for the help.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Changing from Tier2 ICT to Tier 4 dependent

Post by moonlight55 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:41 am

If your spouse is able to get a Tier 4 visa, you can switch to her dependent from within UK.

Sunshine_R
Newly Registered

Post by Sunshine_R » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:30 pm

Thanks Moonlight :) :)

I have a couple more questions, simply thinking of various possibilities.

1. Can my spouse - Tier 2 dependent change visa to tier 4 dependent, if I opt for studies?
2. If I am a Tier 4 dependent, in future, can I change to Tier 2 within UK? Will I have to go through the cooling off period as I was a Tier 2 ICT visa holder once.

Thanks again for the reply :)

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:18 pm

Sunshine_R wrote:Thanks Moonlight :) :)

I have a couple more questions, simply thinking of various possibilities.

1. Can my spouse - Tier 2 dependent change visa to tier 4 dependent, if I opt for studies?
Yes, she can.

2. If I am a Tier 4 dependent, in future, can I change to Tier 2 within UK? Will I have to go through the cooling off period as I was a Tier 2 ICT visa holder once.
No, you cannot change within UK. You will have to apply from your home country. And you will be subject to 12 month cooling off from your last Tier 2 visa.
Thanks again for the reply :)