ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i apply british citizent under 3 years rule

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skylisa
Newly Registered

Can i apply british citizent under 3 years rule

Post by skylisa » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:59 am

I entered Uk by fiance visa on may of 2012 so i considered under old rule. Apter that 3/2013 i got spouse visa. Now 2/2015 i just got ILR visa. So total i live in Uk 2 years 8 months. My husband became British and got the Uk passport in 2014. So can i consider as british wife and can i apply British citizent when i live in Uk 3 years ? And can i apply next 4 months or i need to wait untill next year 2/2016. The time i stay here as fiance visa is calculate or they just see from my spouse visa? Hope someone know as my cases give me advice. Thanks alot.

fqvision

Re: Can i apply british citizent under 3 years rule

Post by fqvision » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:44 am

skylisa wrote:I entered Uk by fiance visa on may of 2012 so i considered under old rule. Apter that 3/2013 i got spouse visa. Now 2/2015 i just got ILR visa. So total i live in Uk 2 years 8 months. My husband became British and got the Uk passport in 2014. So can i consider as british wife and can i apply British citizent when i live in Uk 3 years ? And can i apply next 4 months or i need to wait untill next year 2/2016. The time i stay here as fiance visa is calculate or they just see from my spouse visa? Hope someone know as my cases give me advice. Thanks alot.

you must have two years spouse and one year ILR, then you can apply.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:28 am

You may apply after living 3 years in the UK. Being an ILR holder and satisfying the other requirements are sufficient.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

skylisa
Newly Registered

Post by skylisa » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:50 pm

Thanks alot :)