ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lead times between receiving Approval/Booking Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kashiokinamasaka
Newly Registered

Lead times between receiving Approval/Booking Ceremony

Post by Kashiokinamasaka » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi guys,

A quick question for those that have received their Approval Letters. Once you have received it how long did it take you to book your ceremony with your local council?

I received my second letter of Approval on Saturday, phoned the council today and they still have not received my certificate.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Lead times between receiving Approval/Booking Ceremony

Post by fwd079 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:16 pm

Kashiokinamasaka wrote:Hi guys,

A quick question for those that have received their Approval Letters. Once you have received it how long did it take you to book your ceremony with your local council?

I received my second letter of Approval on Saturday, phoned the council today and they still have not received my certificate.
I received approval letter and received council ceremony invitation letter the next day, called and booked private ceremony for day after and got certificate three days after receiving approval letter.

But it can take a few days for council to receive your certificate and then they will send ceremony invitation letter.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:09 pm

In only ever received one letter which was asking me to call the council to book ceremony. Received on friday and called the concil on monday and it was booked without any issue.

Kashiokinamasaka
Newly Registered

Post by Kashiokinamasaka » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:18 pm

Well, the reason why i am asking is because this is my second letter of approval and its taking the same route as my first letter of approval.

I posted the story before, in short, received a letter of approval in December, chased council for 1.5 months to book my ceremony but was told the certificate never arrived and that i am in the same boat as 20 other candidates waiting for certificates.

I moved away from chasing Council and started chasing Home Office, received several general letters and finally was told that the Approval Letter was sent in error and that they are reviewing my application further. So i calmed down and begun waiting.

Last Saturday, 28th of February, received my second letter of Approval, started chasing council again this past week, today was told that i am in the same boat as 20 other candidates waiting for certificates.

My council is in Scotland, the lady on the phone informed me that HO pay a courier to deliver to Scotland and then pass onto Royal Mail and that they dont pay for postage the whole way or some stuff like that, not sure but it all sounds too familiar to my previous experience...

Basically, i am freaking out again.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:14 pm

They cannot make same mistakes twice now, can they? :roll:
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

hunanuk
Newly Registered

Post by hunanuk » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:42 am

I booked my ceremony few days ago, I called register office, and I mention my name, then they used it to find something and ask me to confirm all information, they have everything already before I made this phone call.

Kashiokinamasaka wrote:Well, the reason why i am asking is because this is my second letter of approval and its taking the same route as my first letter of approval.

I posted the story before, in short, received a letter of approval in December, chased council for 1.5 months to book my ceremony but was told the certificate never arrived and that i am in the same boat as 20 other candidates waiting for certificates.

I moved away from chasing Council and started chasing Home Office, received several general letters and finally was told that the Approval Letter was sent in error and that they are reviewing my application further. So i calmed down and begun waiting.

Last Saturday, 28th of February, received my second letter of Approval, started chasing council again this past week, today was told that i am in the same boat as 20 other candidates waiting for certificates.

My council is in Scotland, the lady on the phone informed me that HO pay a courier to deliver to Scotland and then pass onto Royal Mail and that they dont pay for postage the whole way or some stuff like that, not sure but it all sounds too familiar to my previous experience...

Basically, i am freaking out again.