ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa RLMT job advert guidelines

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

magn8p
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa RLMT job advert guidelines

Post by magn8p » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:41 pm

Hi there,

I am currently employed and I have an employer sponsored Tier2 work permit granted via SOC route.

I have a job offer from another employer and it is after giving me the job offer that they have found out that the job they have advertised is not on the SOC list - although the job duties are similar to current job, the title and the employer business are different.

Hence, they have decided to go for the general - RLMT route and advertised the job in Job Centre Plus and their careers page.

However, I have observed that they haven't mentioned Salary range and Applications closing date in both the locations. Would this be detrimental when they try to process my visa in 4 weeks?

Does the UK V&I really care about the details of the advert? If mentioning the salary range and closing date are mandatory, do you think I should tell the HR about it?

Many thanks,
Naga

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 visa RLMT job advert guidelines

Post by moonlight55 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:08 pm

Of course they care! In fact, you will find many cases in this forum where Tier 2 was rejected due to RLMT not carried our as per the guidelines. Your employer to follow the guidelines as mentioned in the sponsor guidance (Section 28):
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-14.pdf

magn8p
Newly Registered

Post by magn8p » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:21 pm

Thanks for your kind response.

I have written to the HR already. I guess once the HR amends the job post in the Job Centre Plus advert, the date gets reset, wouldn't it? I mean 28 days from the day the job post is amended?

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:36 am

It will I guess. It depends what the change is. If you change some of the responsibilities, logically employer will have to keep for 28 days from the change. Thats why the guidance says to save screenshots and other details.

magn8p
Newly Registered

Post by magn8p » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:59 pm

Thank you.

The job description is precise. In fact everything else is except for the application deadline and salary range.

For some reason the HR didn't respond to my email, nor did she add the information to the job advert.

A lot of adverts I see don't necessarily have this information - they mention salary as "Competitive + Benefits" and have no application deadline.

Please can you tell me if the UK V&I checks the RLMT details when they are about to grant the visa? I heard one of the moderators mention in a different thread that the UK V&I do not check RLMT details at time of granting visas but conduct timely audits. Is that true? And by the way my potential employer is a very reputed one and I would have thought they should have an immigration solicitor helping them with the process!

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:14 pm

If it's a reputed one, no need to worry. They will be experienced in doing the RLMT and you should leave it to them rather than worrying too much about it.

magn8p
Newly Registered

Post by magn8p » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Thank you.

I have finally heard back from the HR. Looks like its the Job Centre Plus guys who got it wrong. I hope she gets them to amend it and hopefully the 28 day timer doesn't get reset.

This is what she said:

Hi xxxxxx

I will take a look at this as have to admit, I have had a real nightmare with the Job Centre Plus :-(

Thank you

xxxxxx

magn8p
Newly Registered

Post by magn8p » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:13 pm

Sorted. The HR did her thing - Universal Jobmatch advert now shows closing date and salary range.

And yeah, the "Posting Date" hasn't changed, so that has saved at least 4 days.

Thanks for sharing your views.