ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation queries...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srbucks25
Newly Registered

Naturalisation queries...

Post by srbucks25 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:29 pm

Dear Members,

We have got (2Adults + 2kids) our ILR on 11-March-2014 and we will be qualify to apply naturalisation on 11-March-2015.
Unfortunately the my both kids name were wrong on the issued ILR-BRP cards and sent for correction.
The date of issue on the new corrected cards is 01-Apr-2014.

I am thinking of apply for naturalisation before April 6th, as I am not sure about the changing fee structure again on 6th April 2015.

1. What would be the eligible date for Naturalisation for my kids?
I have home office UKBA approved letters with reference number for ILR grant.

2. My kids recently moved to a new school (on 04-Sep-2014). They are in the current school for only 7 months.
Can I use current school head teacher's reference for my kids, as the MN1 form says that, the reference people should know the child for 3 years.

3. What are the other possible professional references for the kids?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalisation queries...

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:04 pm

As for your point 1 - You will be fine if you apply anytime after 11th March as your ILR was issued on 11th MArch last year. They should have given you the approval letter when you application was approved - you can use that to prove your as well as your kids' 1 year eligibility on ILR - In need, you can include cover note or point this out in further information.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...