ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child- British Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

a.zaheer
Newly Registered

Child- British Passport Application

Post by a.zaheer » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi

I have sent application for my child Friday 27/02/2015. Just want to confirm couple of things from senior members or someone who is in the same boat.

I am on ILR (Father) since June 2014. My wife is still on FLR(M). Our baby was born on 01/02/2015, hence qualified for British passport by birth.

I have applied for her passport via Post Office Check & Send. Following supporting documents were sent along the application form.

My Pakistani Passport
Original Full Birth Certificate of Baby (UK)
Original Marriage Certificate (NADRA Pakistan)

The thing I am worried is, that I have not sent my Original BRP where my ILR is mentioned. At post office they told me it is not required and Pakistani passport is sufficient. However, on my request they photo copied my BRP and sent a photo copy as well.

I want to confirm two things:

1. Do you think I still need to send my original BRP or Passport Office will request it?
2. Normally how long it takes them to process such passport Applications?

Thanks in Advance!

boloney

Re: Child- British Passport Application

Post by boloney » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:56 pm

You will have to show them that at least one parent was settled before the child was born. I don't think photocopy will be enough.

a.zaheer
Newly Registered

Post by a.zaheer » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:58 pm

boloney wrote:You will have to show them that at least one parent was settled before the child was born. I don't think photocopy will be enough.
Did you experience yourself that photocopy is not enough or is it a rule or just an assumption?

Thanks

boloney

Post by boloney » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:26 pm

boloney

Post by boloney » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:32 pm

a.zaheer
Newly Registered

Post by a.zaheer » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:51 pm

Ok, I can see what you mean. I should have sent the original BRP card. What you suggest now, should I wait for them to request it or send it to them without wait?

boloney

Post by boloney » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:11 am

Give them a call, make sure you have your barcode in hand and see what they say. I would't send nothing until they ask for it. You should have send it in the first place.