ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2(General Visa) about to expire

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sparkthepower
Newly Registered

Tier 2(General Visa) about to expire

Post by sparkthepower » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:38 pm

Hi,
My Tier2 general visa is due for expiry in a month. My sponsor is unable to process my application due to legal problems.I need your advises on the timelines I have before switching to another sponsor.

1) If Sponsor license is cancelled: If license is cancelled before my visa expiry then how many days time will be granted by UKBA? Is it until my visa expiry or any specific number of days after expiry?

2) Sponsor license is still active and if I wanted to apply for an extension with different sponsor: Should I apply before the visa expiry? Is there any chance that UKBA will give more time to find out another sponsor once visa is expired?

3) If visa is rejected with new sponsor, can I apply immediately with another sponsor or not?

Appreciated your valuable inputs.

Cheers
Karan

maberl2002

Re: Tier 2(General Visa) about to expire

Post by maberl2002 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:29 am

according to my knowledge the HO will not just reject your new application

they might ask you to apply from your country again...and then they may even grant you that

but if you are looking to complete your 6 years for ILR

then the idea of changing sponsors sounds ineffective....HO might not grant you wihtout leaving UK

i dont know about timelines please check your inbox

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 2(General Visa) about to expire

Post by ravisb_2014 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:27 am

1. Usually HO curtails your leave to 60 days if the license is revoked for any reason. But in your case, as it's already getting expired soon, you will be allowed to stay until your visa expiry date.

2. Yes, you need to apply before expiry date.
I don't think they will give more time. In your case, I am not sure about 28 days overstay if it's allowed where you won't get right to appeal. may be expert can confirm.

3. Yes, you can apply provided your visa is still valid.
Hope that helps.