ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual National AN application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

andrej

Dual National AN application

Post by andrej » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:03 pm

I have found two topics on this subject but they still fail to satisfy my curiosity. I am about to apply for naturalisation in two weeks time through NCS. The AN form asks:

1.9 Your present nationality

I am a dual national of South Africa (naturalization) and Serbia (birth). I came into the UK as a SA citizen on 2 year Working Holiday Visa, met my EEA spouse and transferred to RC (EEA2) and now hold a PR sticker (EEA4) in my SA passport.

So I’ve always entered and remained in the UK as a SA and exercised rights of a Commonwealth citizen such as voting. I am applying for naturalization on basis of EEA route and PR sticker in my SA passport.
Do I need to mention both nationalities or the present one I am using to apply, even if the form is not designed in that way? Obviously my place of birth indicates I was not born in SA. My parents are also dual nationals. Do I mention both in their details?

I’ve had a look at other UKBA forms such as VAF5 and Tier2 as examples and they specifically ask for Dual Nationality or Previous Nationality information. I’ve applied for EEA4 as a SA national. I understand that AN application might be a lot different. Confused?

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Dual National AN application

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:48 pm

andrej wrote:Do I need to mention both nationalities or the present one I am using to apply
You are obliged to provide full and true information. You are asked to provide your present nationality - which in this case means that as a current holder of dual-citizenship, you have to mention both. There is plenty of room for both: 25 fields available, if I am not mistaken, "Serbia & South Africa" require just 21 (otherwise one simply would have to proceed on page 13). Technically, you would be liable for prosecution if you would knowingly submit incomplete information (see page 14 of form AN). On which grounds you are applying does not make any difference.

andrej

Post by andrej » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Gyfrinachgar wrote: You are obliged to provide full and true information. You are asked to provide your present nationality - which in this case means that as a current holder of dual-citizenship, you have to mention both.
Thanks dude. Makes sense.

masterofpuppets

Post by masterofpuppets » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:47 pm

hi guys . i found your topic by accidentally when i was searching for dual nationalities . i was just wondering which nationality did u use when applying for citizenship. i am in the same situation as you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:25 pm

masterofpuppets wrote:hi guys . i found your topic by accidentally when i was searching for dual nationalities . i was just wondering which nationality did u use when applying for citizenship. i am in the same situation as you.
I understand that you are seeking clarity, but please can you stop asking the same question in other peoples really old posts.

You need to state your present nationality per question 1.9 based on the passport you are using for your application. If this multiple query relates to the German/Turkish nationality of your father, I feel that the best advice has already been provided in terms of his nationality at the time of your birth.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/member ... ets/posts/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

masterofpuppets

Post by masterofpuppets » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:07 am

CR001 wrote:
masterofpuppets wrote:hi guys . i found your topic by accidentally when i was searching for dual nationalities . i was just wondering which nationality did u use when applying for citizenship. i am in the same situation as you.
I understand that you are seeking clarity, but please can you stop asking the same question in other peoples really old posts.

You need to state your present nationality per question 1.9 based on the passport you are using for your application. If this multiple query relates to the German/Turkish nationality of your father, I feel that the best advice has already been provided in terms of his nationality at the time of your birth.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/member ... ets/posts/
Thanks for your. Comment. I thought it might be useful to post here on related post all together in order to provide information to people in the future as it is not easy to find what u are looking for all the time.
I m looking for clarity for my very good friend of mine as I have already been granted citizenship and this forum have been very helpful so I though I could get some advice from experienced ones.
I appreciate for your comment.