ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

College is suspended but asking to pay full fees

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rosina90

College is suspended but asking to pay full fees

Post by rosina90 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:08 pm

Hello!!

My friend's college just got suspended. He has outstanding balance on his fees. His course will finish in June. College said he needs to pay the remaining fees now. But does the college still has the right to ask when they are already suspended and course is not finished yet?

Thank you!!

maberl2002

Re: College is suspended but asking to pay full fees

Post by maberl2002 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:31 pm

my friend,

nowadays colleges get suspended every now and then and they do not refund any fees.

so your friend should also forget about the fees he has paid already (unless a miracle happens)

but obviously no need to pay more fees they are only securing more money should the college never get the license again.
tell him
do what ever you have to change college or ask refund or stay where you are
but dont pay more...... you wont get much legal help on this because its a matter between college and student as long as the student is studying there he is supposed to pay the fees.......he just needs to be tricky some how

Risk_taker
Newly Registered

Re: College is suspended but asking to pay full fees

Post by Risk_taker » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:19 am

Well this is ridiculous, ur friend should be the one asking for a refund. What i would advise you is to not pay them a single penny. They are only scamming him. That's all.