ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Funds must now be held for 90 days, or considered 3rd party

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sagareva
BANNED

Funds must now be held for 90 days, or considered 3rd party

Post by sagareva » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:56 pm

attention folks,

****Tier 1 Entrepreneur funds now must be held for 90 days, or third-party source documentation provided*****

Plus as mentioned in another topic, NO MORE switching from T1G after 6/4/15 unless business established before than date (see T1G forum for the full quote)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Rules.pdf

In Appendix A, delete paragraph 41-SD(c)(i)(9) and substitute:
“(9) confirm the minimum balance available from the applicant's own funds (if
applicable) that has been held in that institution during a consecutive 90-day period
of time, ending on the date of the letter,”.
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

confused90

Re: Funds must now be held for 90 days, or considered 3rd pa

Post by confused90 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:58 am

Also note, on page 12:-

A change is being made to expand the use of the “genuineness” tests in the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) route to applications for extensions and indefinite leave to remain, to better protect the route against abuse without disadvantaging genuine applicants. This change is similar to the “genuine entrepreneur” test introduced for initial applications in January 2013 (HC 943).

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:35 am

confused90 wrote:Also note, on page 12:-

A change is being made to expand the use of the “genuineness” tests in the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) route to applications for extensions and indefinite leave to remain, to better protect the route against abuse without disadvantaging genuine applicants. This change is similar to the “genuine entrepreneur” test introduced for initial applications in January 2013 (HC 943).
This could mean that all those "entrepreneur" visa holders who chose this route just to clear 10 years of legal residence and apply for ILR based on it without actually and seriously doing the business as per the guidance, could be in trouble.
•12-Feb-2015: Applied online (Team), 200K, India
•13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics
•25-Feb-2015: Received email saying that they need more time
•03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately
•05-Mar-2105: Received docs and passport with visa stamped!

bizz123

Post by bizz123 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:13 am

From when?

bizz123

Post by bizz123 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:21 am

is it for third party funding or own saving as well
and when it will be implemented,,,,,,,, i am applying 2nd time next week
pls helps guys

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:33 pm

attahaas wrote:

This could mean that all those "entrepreneur" visa holders who chose this route just to clear 10 years of legal residence and apply for ILR based on it without actually and seriously doing the business as per the guidance, could be in trouble.
Long residence ILR is based on being in the UK for 10 years legally. What does it have to do with being a Genuine Entrepreneur ???????????????

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:55 pm

nasirkhan wrote:
attahaas wrote:

Long residence ILR is based on being in the UK for 10 years legally. What does it have to do with being a Genuine Entrepreneur ???????????????
Sure it is based on the long residency rules, but those who are currently on Ent visa and waiting for 10 year ILR COULD go through this scrutiny. This just came out, so no one knows it for sure until a case emerges. But, it is definitely a caution to consider seriously. Those who are killing time on Ent visa just to meet 10 year timeline should worry about it, I think. They want to curb visa abuse as much as possible, so better be safe than sorry.

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:29 pm

And Earth could shatter into pieces tomorrow. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. For long residence applications they just check your immigration history and the time spent in UK. Its a completely different route. If you have a valid visa and have maintained it throughout your stay here you would be fine.

As for being a genuine Entrepreneur is concerned who would spend that much money if not trying to establish a business especially when you cannot work. The only relief for people reaching 10 years is that they will not have to take care of HO conditions and will be able to run their businesses independently.

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:38 pm

nasirkhan wrote:And Earth could shatter into pieces tomorrow. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. For long residence applications they just check your immigration history and the time spent in UK. Its a completely different route. If you have a valid visa and have maintained it throughout your stay here you would be fine.

As for being a genuine Entrepreneur is concerned who would spend that much money if not trying to establish a business especially when you cannot work. The only relief for people reaching 10 years is that they will not have to take care of HO conditions and will be able to run their businesses independently.
So, with all the recent changes if someone thinks the HO would be naïve with this kind of abuse, it's too much of a wishful thinking. Heck HO can even curtail British Citizenship given to immigrants if they find abuse of any kind after such award.

And there were some examples, at least here on the forum, some "genuine" entrepreneurs asking for advice on how to save their behinds because they have been "working" instead of running a business. HO evidently cracked upon those guys too. The caution is for those.

Wrong on "spend that much money". Those on 50K route and waiting for 10 year ILR could easily not meet the visa "conditions" without spending "that much money". But, I agree it's subjective, for some a thousand or two bucks could be "a lot" and for some not.

danish7866

Post by danish7866 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:16 pm

Hi Guys,

All the changes mentioned has already been implemented or it would be implemented from 05/04/2015 as I checked in the guidelines ?

Danish

//
attahaas wrote:
nasirkhan wrote:And Earth could shatter into pieces tomorrow. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. For long residence applications they just check your immigration history and the time spent in UK. Its a completely different route. If you have a valid visa and have maintained it throughout your stay here you would be fine.

So, with all the recent changes if someone thinks the HO would be naïve with this kind of abuse, it's too much of a wishful thinking. Heck HO can even curtail British Citizenship given to immigrants if they find abuse of any kind after such award.

And there were some examples, at least here on the forum, some "genuine" entrepreneurs asking for advice on how to save their behinds because they have been "working" instead of running a business. HO evidently cracked upon those guys too. The caution is for those.

Wrong on "spend that much money". Those on 50K route and waiting for 10 year ILR could easily not meet the visa "conditions" without spending "that much money". But, I agree it's subjective, for some a thousand or two bucks could be "a lot" and for some not.

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:08 pm

attahaas wrote:So, with all the recent changes if someone thinks the HO would be naïve with this kind of abuse, it's too much of a wishful thinking. Heck HO can even curtail British Citizenship given to immigrants if they find abuse of any kind after such award.

I think you need to take a course in Logic. I don't want to get into a meaningless debate here - I just responded to give peace of mind to people affected by your uncalled for scaremongering. Yes everyone should follow the HO rules and conditions of visa and yes HO tries its best to crack down on people defrauding the immigration system. However that is not the point here. The debate here is the changes in the Tier 1 E visa. What I am saying is that there is no link between the changes in Tier 1 and the ILR based on 10 years rule. Tier 1 changes will affect applicants for extension or ILR based on that particular visa. Those reaching 10 years before their extension/ILR is due and applying for ILR under the long residence rule will NOT have to undergo the Genuine business test. This is common sense which is not so common apparently. This would be my last post on the topic.

P.S : I don't know what bucks means !

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:32 pm

nasirkhan wrote:
attahaas wrote:So, with all the recent changes if someone thinks the HO would be naïve with this kind of abuse, it's too much of a wishful thinking. Heck HO can even curtail British Citizenship given to immigrants if they find abuse of any kind after such award.

I think you need to take a course in Logic. I don't want to get into a meaningless debate here - I just responded to give peace of mind to people affected by your uncalled for scaremongering. Yes everyone should follow the HO rules and conditions of visa and yes HO tries its best to crack down on people defrauding the immigration system. However that is not the point here. The debate here is the changes in the Tier 1 E visa. What I am saying is that there is no link between the changes in Tier 1 and the ILR based on 10 years rule. Tier 1 changes will affect applicants for extension or ILR based on that particular visa. Those reaching 10 years before their extension/ILR is due and applying for ILR under the long residence rule will NOT have to undergo the Genuine business test. This is common sense which is not so common apparently. This would be my last post on the topic.

P.S : I don't know what bucks means !
I can teach you logic kid. It's obvious that you need it as you don't know the difference between scaremongering and cautioning/warning those imbeciles who are abusing this visa simply to meet their 10 year ILR requirement. If not for them we wouldn't have all these ever newer restrictions every once in a while. If you follow my posts you can see they are cautioning those who want to misuse the immigration programs. A caution is something that warns against a POSSIBLE future scenario. Good luck with your immigration, I am sure you are making the best of it.

You talk about common sense, and you don't seem to have enough of it. You can see blatant abuse of this visa to meet the 10 year ILR requirement. You seriously think the HO in all its wisdom would not think about this particular situation. That surely tells a lot of about you.

You also need some worldly knowledge as you don't even know what "bucks" mean in monetary context.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:54 pm

Wao. I don't know how they check the genuiness of person from an interview. I think they have thermometer to check the intention of the person. Lol
This government has done a lot of rubbish things to make their promise of 100000 immigrant which was not made unfortunately and they ended up with 298000 immigrants in a year.
If they want to stop immigration then they should close all of the embassies so no one could apply and they will ended up billions ££££ loss.

Zaidii

Post by Zaidii » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:36 pm

Nasir its your turn now

lilboots
Nigeria

Post by lilboots » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:48 pm

Zaidii wrote:Nasir its your turn now

:D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:25 pm

If you say so ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:31 pm

attahaas wrote: I can teach you logic kid.
Okay just for kicks - Is this a valid argument ?

Premise 1 ........... Premise 2 ...... Conclusion
((∼r&p)⊃(∼q⊃∼q)),∼((q⊃q)∨r) to (∼(∼p&∼p)⊃(r⊃r))

Zaidii

Post by Zaidii » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:35 pm

im loving it
:)

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:39 pm

Zaidii wrote:im loving it
:)
This is serious business. I am trying to find a teacher here ! :wink:

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:40 pm

lilboots wrote:

:D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
And what are you giggling about ?

Zaidii

Post by Zaidii » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:02 am

@nasir
You are in the right place my friend as Mrs T May will be giving lectures here on "LOGIC"