ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning residents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cabel
Newly Registered

Returning residents

Post by cabel » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:09 am

Vinny and other Gurus,

Please Help!!!

I have question about my friends family case.

Hes british citizen and his 2 daughters where british citizen too.

His wife and 8 year old son hold ILR which issued 2007.

After ILR they did not stayed in UK, they lived in india but travel atleast once in 2 years so that their ILR will not be revoked/Cancelled.

But that time now arrived, in Dec 2014 they arranged to travel UK but been stopped in India as they gone pass 12 days of 2 years and sent back to home.

My friend applied for appeal but failed as he dont have any tie with UK since he lived in India tho he is British.

My question is:

a) how to re-apply to get their ILR back?

b) Do they have to stay under new rule FLR(M) for 5 years to grant ILR?

c) His son (8 years now) get british citizenship after 18 years on father/family citizen basis(although he live in India)?

My friends main concern is to get british for his 8 year old son, what possibilities on his case!

He's in UK to discuss this case with solicitors but he very confused with outcome, please shed some light on this case. Your sugesstions are much appriciated!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Returning residents

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:45 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.