ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - English Certificate not accepted Pearson EDEXCEL

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

single_lonely
Newly Registered

Urgent - English Certificate not accepted Pearson EDEXCEL

Post by single_lonely » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:22 am

Sent of form for extending visa (spouse) as haven't passed Life In UK test.

Received letter today asking for documents:

"Evidence that you have passed English language in the UK test to our required standard. The certificates you have submitted are not acceptable as the provider is not on the Home Office list of approved providers. You may wish to submit the English certificates you presented at entry clearance"
ENSURE THE INFORMATION REACHES US BY 23 march 2015.

The certificate's i submitted were:
1. Pearson Edexcel entry level certificate ESOL - Skills for life (speaking and listening) level entry 3.
2. Notification of performance Level E3, Grade PASS.
3. Letter from College "confirming course delivered in CITIZENSHIP context by a suitably qualified teacher"

WR1

Re: Urgent - English Certificate not accepted Pearson EDEXCE

Post by WR1 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:10 pm

For extending visa, Life in the UK is not required. (its for ILR/BC only)

You need to pass English A1 only that is approved by the Home Office. I would assume Pearson is not on their list of acceptable qualifications.

What English certificate did you use for the entry clearance? As the letter suggests, you may want to use that one.

Unfortunately, the Home Office English Qualifications list is frequently changing and you need to keep up to date with it. Their latest one is not just a minor revision, but they have completely done a new one from scratch removing most of the qualifications from the old list. (they are still good to use until 5 November 2015 if taken before 6 April 2015)

Here's more information on the English requirements:

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/ ... of-english
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

single_lonely
Newly Registered

Post by single_lonely » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:44 pm

Just for reference Pearsons will be acceptable (upto april 2015) but only Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic).
I did the the ESOL so wont be acceptable.

I used an ETS TOEIC (listening and reading) for the entry clearance so will send this to HO.
Its got an expiry date of 02.11.14, Will this still be acceptable seeing that ETS is no longer accepted.
Thanks for the link to updated documents.

I applied for my spouse visa on 13 june 2012 so does this negate the financial and English language requirements?

Or do i still need to fulfill them?

Thanks for your reply

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:33 pm

I would avoid using ETS. That was removed from the Home Office list due to fraudulent activity in relation to the tests.

Can you book another English test immediately as you don't have much time. Most English tests don't require the actual certificate as they can be verified online if taken after 6 April 2013:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... tional.pdf

As for Financial requirement, they still apply under the old rules as adequate maintenance.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

single_lonely
Newly Registered

Post by single_lonely » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The predicament now is I have only a short time.
Do you know of any providers in the northwest (ideally but can travel elsewhere) where i can give an English test.
(which is on the home office list).
I have read the spreadsheet but unfortunately they don't give names address etc.
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:54 pm

Here is the list for approved test centres before and after 6th April 2015.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.