ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirment for ILR for main applicant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swamik1

English language requirment for ILR for main applicant

Post by swamik1 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:19 am

Hi,

I have taken a certificate from the University to show that my degree was taught in English.

Do I still need to validate this certificate with UK Naric ?

Thanks

cfdman

Re: English language requirment for ILR for main applicant

Post by cfdman » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:58 pm

Have you tried using the point based calculator (choose tier 1 option) and see whether your degree gets sufficient points under qualification and english language? If yes, then just print the PBS summary and attach it with your original degree certificate and submit it.
No need for NARIC certification, in this case.

If your degree does not show up in the point based calculator, then you need a certificate from university (with your name and the degree) mentioning that it was taught in english. Plus, you also need a NARIC certificate to say that the degree is at or above UK bachelor equivalent.

natalisain

Post by natalisain » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:36 pm

Hi

I also have a degree that was taught in English and used the same along with the PBS calculator for my previous visa extensions.

I am on tier 2 general. Is NARIC certificate needed? Have you gone through the process already?

Thanks
Natalie

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:48 pm

Yes. I did used my degree and PBS calculator printout. (used Tier-1 General option for PBS printout, eventhough I was applying under Tier-2).
All went fine.

natalisain

Post by natalisain » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:28 pm

Thank you so much for your reply.