ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring Family Visitor visas for Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bvs
Newly Registered

Sponsoring Family Visitor visas for Parents

Post by bvs » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:55 pm

Hi !

I'm an ILR holder and my parents are planning to visit us for the first time in UK. They have travelled out of India to Singapore, Bahrain, Tokyo, etc over 10 years ago. They've not travelled outside India since then.

I've already bought their return flight tickets (travelling to London in mid-May and returning to India in mid/end Sep) and would like to fully sponsor their trip. Unfortunately, they are not in a position to show any finances at their end - They do not have any property in their name and nor do they have a significant bank balance. I don't think I can show them as my dependent either as my father is a retired gazetted office.

To make matters more complicated, I'm in between jobs and will be joining the new company in the first week of April. I'm also moving into a bigger flat in the 2nd week of April.

I have been maintaining over GBP 3k (this is now close to GBP 6k) for over 6months and would prefer showing all my documents for sponsoring their trip. My parents have over INR 2lacs in their account for a littler under 3 months (my sister xferred this amount into their account). Should we show this 2lacs along with their application at all or is it likely to only cause more confusion ?

Given the situation, what's the best set of documents to submit with their applications. Given that they are in their 60s should I get their travel/health insurance before applying for the family visitor visa ?

I need to get an idea at the earliest... i realise that their visa might be touch-and-go, so I'd like to apply as much in advance as possible.

Thanks in advance.

-Regards,
SB, Lon

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sponsoring Family Visitor visas for Parents

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:05 pm

Unfortunately, they are not in a position to show any finances at their end - They do not have any property in their name and nor do they have a significant bank balance.
What will they show as strong ties to their country to convince the ECO that they will leave the UK before their visas expire? They each need to meet the requirements individually for a visitor visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.