ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working from off-site / remotely outside the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tigercov
Newly Registered

Working from off-site / remotely outside the UK

Post by tigercov » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:05 pm

I am on Tier 1 general (extension) visa.

I spent some time working off-site outside the UK which is over my annual leave entitlement. I got paid my normal UK salary in the UK bank account for this period. The total over time is about 15 days.

I know that I can provide letter confirming a/l from my employer and I can get letter confirming that I was working off-site.

What I am interested to know is that ... is working off-site an acceptable absence outside of the UK?

I can change the reason to, say, family visit - does that make it more safe to be accepted?

What are your views? Please let me know.

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Working from off-site / remotely outside the UK

Post by safatafa » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:35 pm

Was that employment period agreed by ur employer if yes then it's fine as u r allowed to go on business trips

tigercov
Newly Registered

Re: Working from off-site / remotely outside the UK

Post by tigercov » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:02 pm

Ok all good. Received my ILR today!! Cheers