ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are there 'hidden' requirements for Marriage/Fiance Visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sohois
Newly Registered

Are there 'hidden' requirements for Marriage/Fiance Visa?

Post by sohois » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:44 am

Hi all,

My fiance and I recently met with some immigration consultancy to get their advice on possibility of a marriage visa. Now, according to what is laid out on gov.uk, we can meet all of the requirements for a marriage visa. We aren't married yet, but can do so soon, my current overseas position meets the financial requirements and I can take a job with a family company to meet the reqs, and all the other areas are met.

However, we were informed that it was still extremely difficult to get approved, due to various unrevealed rules that apparently existed. For one, they said we needed to have been married for a long period prior to applying. They also said some kind of property ownership was essential.

Is this all true? Are there a number of secret requirements that the UK can use to turn down an application?

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Are there 'hidden' requirements for Marriage/Fiance Visa

Post by Greenie » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:24 am

I hope you didn't pay this immigration consultancy. There are no hidden requirements. You don't have to own a property and you don't need to be married for a certain amount of time before applying.

sohois
Newly Registered

Post by sohois » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:48 pm

We did not, thankfully. It was just a friend of my fiance's.

May I ask then, assuming one meets all of the requirements relating to finance, english language and the rest, is an approval highly likely?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:11 pm

As long as you meet all the criteria for the spouse visa, approval is likely.

There is nothing hidden, all information in the gov website is laid out in black and white.

The only thing you need to keep the eye out is for is the changes in the rules that can occur from time to time, such as the Home Office changing the list of acceptable English qualifications or the fee increases. Such changes mainly occur or are effective from April time, but they can change at other times in the year.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:42 pm

sohois wrote:Hi all,

My fiance and I recently met with some immigration consultancy to get their advice on possibility of a marriage visa. Now, according to what is laid out on gov.uk, we can meet all of the requirements for a marriage visa. We aren't married yet, but can do so soon, my current overseas position meets the financial requirements and I can take a job with a family company to meet the reqs, and all the other areas are met.

However, we were informed that it was still extremely difficult to get approved, due to various unrevealed rules that apparently existed. For one, they said we needed to have been married for a long period prior to applying. They also said some kind of property ownership was essential.

Is this all true? Are there a number of secret requirements that the UK can use to turn down an application?

Thanks
Your girlfriend has become finace within last two days! Did you mention of the applicant's previous visitor visa rejection to the advisor?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 82175.html
ECO may or may not see the application as genuine given the previous attempt to gain visitor visa without success on her own and now spouse!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:07 pm

Having withheld the existence of a boyfriend in the UK in the visitor visa application, when does she now intend to state that the relationship began in the fiance visa application? :? Bear in mind that all information given in previous visa applications is held on record and will be checked.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sohois
Newly Registered

Post by sohois » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:10 am

Mauser1905 wrote:
sohois wrote:Hi all,

Thanks
Your girlfriend has become finace within last two days! Did you mention of the applicant's previous visitor visa rejection to the advisor?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 82175.html
ECO may or may not see the application as genuine given the previous attempt to gain visitor visa without success on her own and now spouse!
Haha, I assumed someone would notice that.

Let me lay out the details: My then girlfriend applied at for a christmas visit, with my families sponsorship and noting clearly that I was her boyfriend.

We got engaged in February and are now attempting to find the best way to get a trip back to England, not to settle but merely for 2 moves and then move to Europe. However, in the near future we would look to then settle in England permanently. That leaves us us with a few options. We could go for a General, Marriage or Family Visitor Visa, but having been rejected once, and with the difficulty of showing ties to the home country, they could easily lead to rejection which would be a giant pain. On the other hand, there is the marriage visa itself. More expensive, more requirements, but seemingly more likely to get approved if we meet them. it would also take away the annoyance of applying again later or doing surinder singh. If we were to get a marriage visa she would probably settle straight away whilst I split my time between Holland and England.

I assumed it was better to ask different questions in different forums rather than creating some generic advice thread.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:48 am

sohois wrote:I assumed it was better to ask different questions in different forums
Your assumption is incorrect, as the information in your previous topic may affect the considerations in your current topic.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sohois
Newly Registered

Post by sohois » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:43 am

vinny wrote:
sohois wrote:I assumed it was better to ask different questions in different forums
Your assumption is incorrect, as the information in your previous topic may affect the considerations in your current topic.
Ok, well the previous one can be closed then