ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (G) Extension - Partner/Dependent - Bank Statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashehzi

Tier 1 (G) Extension - Partner/Dependent - Bank Statements

Post by ashehzi » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi,

My wife is applying to extend her Tier 1 (G) dependent visa as I got the extension earlier and my wife didn't apply for extension same time as me. Therefore, she is applying for Tier 1 (G) dependent Leave to Remain.

We have filled online application form which asks you all questions and then you submit the payment online. Finally, it asks you to post some documents such as existing passports, existing biometric card, one passport photo and financial statement from bank (in our case HSBC plc)

For financial statements providing proof of funds, can my wife use her own bank statements containing more than necessary (£630) funds required for extension? Or it has to be my bank statements only as being the main Tier 1 (G) person.

I am sorry If I am asking basic question but just want affirmation from other friends on this forum.

Regards,

ashehzi

Re: Tier 1 (G) Extension - Partner/Dependent - Bank Statemen

Post by ashehzi » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:02 am

a reply would be appreciated.

ashehzi

Re: Tier 1 (G) Extension - Partner/Dependent - Bank Statemen

Post by ashehzi » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:33 pm

The solution is given on page 14 of

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf

EVIDENCE FOR APPLICATIONS MADE AS THE DEPENDANT OF A PERSON WITH LEAVE UNDER TIER 1, 2 OR 5
92. The documents required by Appendix E of the Immigration Rules are specified below:
i) Personal bank or building society statements covering the 90 day period immediately before the application. The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
the name of the main applicant and/or your name, or (for children only) the name of your other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;

So, bank statement can be on the name of dependent.