ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

akhan47

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by akhan47 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:27 pm

We have appealed the second refusal (refused because only 3 bank statements were submitted and didn't have gross annual salary on letter from employer). Same solicitor who we used for the case.

Submitted appeal in October, deadline was March 9. We received a hearing for May 21st last week.

Got married in June 2012. Our daughter will be 2 at the end of this month.
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

ab112

Post by ab112 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:15 pm

I have two questions:

On the online application, in the "sponsor detail" section, in the sponsor relationship to you, you cannot select husband! Why?
We've selected "Other Relative".

Also people are saying we have to fill in this form instead of VAF4A, but online form is a little different, for example it doesn't ask for how you communicate, when you met and where you met (like it asks in the paper form VAF4A). Am I filling the right form?

Thanks

ab112

Post by ab112 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:35 pm

akhan47 wrote:We have appealed the second refusal (refused because only 3 bank statements were submitted and didn't have gross annual salary on letter from employer). Same solicitor who we used for the case.

Submitted appeal in October, deadline was March 9. We received a hearing for May 21st last week.

Got married in June 2012. Our daughter will be 2 at the end of this month.
To be honest, I think the chances of winning an appeal is slim because you only submitted 3 statements. They should have asked you for more but they didnt and that is their choice. If you go to court they can say they made their decision based on what you presented which is short of the requirement. My advice is to apply again, it will only cost a few hundred pounds more than an appeal and takes about the same amount of time (from what i head). Because you've been through process twice you shouldnt need a solicitor. Do it yourself, you care more about your situation than a solicitor does (and your situation is evidence of this because you were refused twice).
Hope this helps and good luck

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:30 pm

ab112 wrote:I have two questions:

On the online application, in the "sponsor detail" section, in the sponsor relationship to you, you cannot select husband! Why?

Also people are saying we have to fill in this form instead of VAF4A, but online form is a little different, for example it doesn't ask for how you communicate, when you met and where you met (like it asks in the paper form VAF4A). Am I filling the right form?

Thanks
These questions are asked in "Appendix 2" not in the VAF4A online form and YES you must fill in the VAF4A online. If you don't then your visa might get rejected.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:38 pm

Salaam all!
Hope you are all well. My husbands coming this week In Sha Allah - just wanted to ask on anyones experience because someone mentioned something and it was news to me!
Has anyone (UK spouse) been contacted or asked questions as the person goes through Immigration? Just someone mentioned to me saying make sure you go airport because they might call you in - i was like call me in where? I know they might ask my husband questions but never heard the officials asking the UK spouse for confirmation!
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

ab112

Post by ab112 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:27 am

i.need.help wrote:
ab112 wrote:I have two questions:

Thanks
These questions are asked in "Appendix 2" not in the VAF4A online form and YES you must fill in the VAF4A online. If you don't then your visa might get rejected.
Yeah you are right, I double checked and those questions were only in App.2. Strange though that spouse is not in "sponsor detail" section!

Anyhow, did you ring gerry's as well or did you just book the appointment online at www.gov.uk and took a print out to gerry's? I've heard you have to ring gerry's as well but im not sure.

docsam
Newly Registered

Post by docsam » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:54 am

Hi guys
I am new to the forum. My wife applied for the Visa 8 weeks ago and I want to escalate/ get update on her visa application. I wonder if anyone would point me in the rite direction how to contact the British embassy/ high commission to request escalate the visa process. I am a British citizen and currently employed full time.
Is there an email to contact the embassy or is this done online?
Thank you

Ibbzy

Post by Ibbzy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:09 am

Salam alaikum all. Quick advice. Still haven't heard anything about my wife's review. They have until may. Should i call up and pester them? Or leave it be? How long does an ECM generally take with a review?
Application and biometrics submitted - 27August 2014
Visa Refused - 17 December 2014
Online appeal submitted - 9th January 2015
Notice of a pending appeal - 27th January 2015
Bundle received back from BHC ISB (apparently) - 24th February 2015

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:21 am

Ibbzy wrote:Salam alaikum all. Quick advice. Still haven't heard anything about my wife's review. They have until may. Should i call up and pester them? Or leave it be? How long does an ECM generally take with a review?
frm different fprums wht i hav experienced is they r normaly not even reviewing & n listing n informing hearimg dates bfore fininshing review deadline
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

khan2013

Post by khan2013 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:13 am

unis wrote:hi all am new on here i just got couple of question which i need answering....
my timeline submitted case in jan 14..... got rejected in aug 14 (they didn't accept my second job ) i got my case reviewed here in the u.k which they over turned the original decision in dec 14.... i got my letters so did my wife.... my wife got a letter saying bring your passport with letter to gerry fedex in mirpur...... my wife submitted her passport and they said you will get a call in few weeks time to collect your passport.... this was in end of dec14.... we both still waiting for her passport to arrive so she can make her trip here to the u.k..... so can anbody tell me why its taking soo long even though she got her visa... much appreciated if anybody can answer my question....
Contact the tribunal on 0300 123 1711.There is option for those whose appeals been successful and waiting for the visas to be stamped.There is another contact which i read in another forum" 02072391760 ask for John Mcgir".He should help you with any question you have.Was your refusal overturned on review or did it go to appeal hearing?

roger354

Post by roger354 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:37 am

I got one email today that visa is processed, fingers crossed inshallah will be a good news!

Do they send only one email these days?
Applied@islamabad on 8/12/2014
Email received Decision delayed on 11/2/2015
Processed email received on 9 march 2015
10th march visa Granted mashallah :D

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:34 am

Hey my husband did his city and guilds English test on 14th February and he was told that the results will cone in 10 days ..now his been chasing it up and they have said it will come around 18th march ! Do they take this long to get results back ? Anybody who can share their experience with me ?

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:44 am

saf786 wrote:Hey my husband did his city and guilds English test on 14th February and he was told that the results will cone in 10 days ..now his been chasing it up and they have said it will come around 18th march ! Do they take this long to get results back ? Anybody who can share their experience with me ?

Heyy My Hubby did his test and they told him results would come in 45 days and yes thats around how long they took not sure about now but id give it atlease a month.

Its really annoying because of the wait cant submitt papers but good luck it should be all fine.
Visa Granted Shukar Alhamdulillah :)

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:49 am

gucci9 wrote:
saf786 wrote:Hey my husband did his city and guilds English test on 14th February and he was told that the results will cone in 10 days ..now his been chasing it up and they have said it will come around 18th march ! Do they take this long to get results back ? Anybody who can share their experience with me ?

Heyy My Hubby did his test and they told him results would come in 45 days and yes thats around how long they took not sure about now but id give it atlease a month.

Its really annoying because of the wait cant submitt papers but good luck it should be all fine.

thanks so much for the reply

That's made me feel more relaxed :)

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:58 am

saf786 wrote:
gucci9 wrote:

thanks so much for the reply

That's made me feel more relaxed :)

Hey No Problem :)

Can I ask why did your first application get refused?

Also wat catogery are you applying from?

Thanks x

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:03 pm

Gucci9
I applied as self employed and we didn't show a full financial year statements ... InshaAllah applying again me f month

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:05 pm

Hey guys ... My husband submitted his docs today at islamabad :)) so another nervous wait:)
@roger354 goodluck and i hope its good news for u .... Does any1 knw which month is islamabad processing ?

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:12 pm

saf786 wrote:Gucci9
I applied as self employed and we didn't show a full financial year statements ... InshaAllah applying again me f month
Were you using only self employment?

Good luck let me know wen you apply :)
x

asifp

Post by asifp » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:17 pm

so I applied on Jan 9th.

Got an e-mail today saying asking for more information on my fiance's english degree.
Have to provide some more information. Good new is only 2 months and seems like they have done most of the other checks and this is the only thing left. Pretty quick I guess. Once I can certify this, Inshallah Visa will be with us end of the month.

gucci9

Post by gucci9 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:36 pm

asifp wrote:so I applied on Jan 9th.

Got an e-mail today saying asking for more information on my fiance's english degree.
Have to provide some more information. Good new is only 2 months and seems like they have done most of the other checks and this is the only thing left. Pretty quick I guess. Once I can certify this, Inshallah Visa will be with us end of the month.

Hey How do you know other checks have been done and how long after application do the start checks do you know ?

Also can you please confirm wat catogery you applied from and wer you applied.?

Thanks

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:52 pm

Hey my husband did that test too, they took well over a month to give the results/certificates.

asifp

Post by asifp » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:58 pm

sophia20 wrote:
Hey my husband did that test too, they took well over a month to give the results/certificates.
Yes. Sorry my Fiance did an ACCA affilaites with an English University. They need confirmation that the method of teaching in Pakistan was in English. So we have to give that letter rather than take the test again.

asifp

Post by asifp » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:00 pm

gucci9 wrote:
asifp wrote:so I applied on Jan 9th.

Hey How do you know other checks have been done and how long after application do the start checks do you know ?

Also can you please confirm wat catogery you applied from and wer you applied.?

Thanks

Well I am hoping. I assume whatever questions they had they would ask in one go, so look through it all and then compile the questions. I am assuming if the had anything else like bank statements etc,they would ask for it as well.

roger354

Post by roger354 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:55 pm

@shreen thank you very much :)

I applied on 9th december in islamabad so i think they are processing start of january in islamabad :)
Applied@islamabad on 8/12/2014
Email received Decision delayed on 11/2/2015
Processed email received on 9 march 2015
10th march visa Granted mashallah :D

Ibbzy

Post by Ibbzy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:08 pm

Salam alaikum everyone.

Please please can someone advise me on what to do, i will end up shooting this government or the tribunal people.

I rang on the 26th of Feburary and asked for a update on my wife's appeal. I was told that the bundle was sent back by BHC ISB and they were waiting for a listing date. I rang on the 27th of Feburary, asking for a reason why BHC ISB have upheld the decision. I was told (we dont know what your on about because your appeal is still processing as normal and we havent heard anything from immigration yet they have until 12th May to reply.) i rang them up again on the 27th to reconfirm that statement and i was told again, (we are waiting for immigration to reply back, when they do then you will be informed) i rang up today and am told, (on the 24th of Feburary we received a bundle back from immigration, a letter should be issued to you and we are waiting for a listing for a date) i said, how comes you received it on the 24th? when i rang on the 26th and 27th and received different information? and her reply is (i cant say) what the actual hell is going on?

Please please someone advise me on what to do? i really want to have a go at someone right now for messing me about because of HMRC's stupid RTI system!
Application and biometrics submitted - 27August 2014
Visa Refused - 17 December 2014
Online appeal submitted - 9th January 2015
Notice of a pending appeal - 27th January 2015
Bundle received back from BHC ISB (apparently) - 24th February 2015