ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

has a university student must prove his English for citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zsigmond
Newly Registered

has a university student must prove his English for citizen

Post by Zsigmond » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:52 pm

[I am an EEA citizen from Hungary. I had obtained my permanent resident certificate last week from Home Office. I am a second year LLB Law student in a university in London. I was required to prove my English skills when I received my place to study law in 2013. My latest IELTS certificate is still valid until August 2015.
I would like to obtain information in terms of my status which is full time 2nd year undergraduate LLB law student, Am i still required to prove my English when a will attempt to apply for British Citizenship or the confirmation of my enrollment by the relevant institution is sufficient?
I am aware that I still required to pass Life in England exam however i am confused about how I can bring evidence of my English skills into the light sufficiently.
Best Regards
Zsigmond

Yes i have comprehensive sickness insurance as that is vital requirement from a full time student in order to obtain qualifiying permanent residency that i have by now.
Furthermoe, when i commenced my studies i had to prove B2 in order to get my place.

Why should i wait 12 months from receiving the PR ? IS that a Law which requires that ? Thank you for you answers.
Last edited by Zsigmond on Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: has a university student must prove his English for citi

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:57 pm

You need to prove English at Level B1. The new approved list of test providers from 6th April is in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v1_0.pdf

As you can only apply for citizenship after 12 months on PR (unless married to a British Citizen), you at least have time.

As you are a student, do you have comprehensive sickness insurance?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.