ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted Cos Waiting times - please advise

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sreeni83

Unrestricted Cos Waiting times - please advise

Post by Sreeni83 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:31 pm

Hello All

Please could you advise whats the waiting to get an unrestricted Cos? I am in the process of changing employment and my new employer claims, they have applied for an unrestricted COS for me on 27/02/2015 as i m currently in the uk on a Tier 2. The HR told me they have given my name, nationality and Dob to request the COS. Could you please advise when will my new employer see the Cos on their SMS? I have been ringing them everyday and today they finally told me they will let me know once they see it on the system. I am very sad as they initially had told me once the RLMT was over they could issue me with a cos straight away.

Please advise.

Thanks for reading.

Best Regards

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Re: Unrestricted Cos Waiting times - please advise

Post by ravisb_2014 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Did they request to increase unrestricted Cos in their SMS?
- Usually it takes around 3 weeks maximum.
or
They already have 1 or more unrestricted Cos and they assigned to your name by giving your details.
In that case, they don't need to request anything. Ask them to go to "View CoS" tab and take the print of it.
Hope that helps.

Sreeni83

Post by Sreeni83 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:25 pm

Thanks Ravisb_2014.

From what i understand from the HR is they didn't have an unrestricted COS after RLMT, so they requested the home office for an unrestricted one on 27/02/2015. They said they had requested for a speedy service or something and for that they had to give details like my name, nationality and DOB. Is this correct?

Thanks

Best Regards

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:41 pm

Yes, while requesting they can mention your details to speed up the process. In the meantime, ask them to follow up with them by calling the helpline number. There are many employer who also requests for the same, but follow up with them might speed up the process.

Sreeni83

Post by Sreeni83 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:54 pm

Thanks very much Ravisb_2014

Sreeni83

Post by Sreeni83 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:59 pm

Hi All

Also anyone in my similar situation who is awaiting their employer to get unrestricted COS please could you mention the time frames? Like for those who recently received and applied? Hope I m Not alone on this as I m very anxious

Best regards and thanks

sreenivasan

magn8p
Newly Registered

Post by magn8p » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi Sreenivasan,

I am in a similar situation to yours, but my prospective employer is still in the process of conducting RLMT. Do you think it is a good idea to remind them about having a spare "Unrestricted CoS" in hand so that they can use to apply for my visa?

-mag

Sreeni83

Post by Sreeni83 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:58 pm

Hi Mag

Yes certainly ask them the question. when i met the HR i had asked them after RLMT and all of a sudden they said sorry we have only requested for it and awaiting news. Its sad, but i suppose we immigrants have no choice really but to wait.

Regards

Sreenivasan

magn8p
Newly Registered

Post by magn8p » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:55 am

Hi Sreenivasan,

Thanks for sharing your views. I have written to the HR. This MNC doesn't particularly sponsor a lot of work visas. And from what the HR told me after sending the offer letter, they seem to have a good number of CoS to hand.

Please can someone confirm a question that I have - When a company renews its Sponsorship license, does the UKV&I allocate it unrestricted CoS by default? Or does the company need to do this separately once the sponsorship license is renewed?

-mag