ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of Postage and refusal

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

relay9
Newly Registered

Date of Postage and refusal

Post by relay9 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:24 am

Hi all my previous visa expired on the 30 September, I sent my application of by post on the 29th September to UKBA. ( in time)

I received a refusal, which I know is wrong and can win at an appeal.

However the UKBA is claiming that I sent in my application on the 3rd October, so my application was out of time. I do have proof of postage and it was signed for.

They have refused me and denied me the right of appeal.

How can I rectify this and what is my status till then ?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Date of Postage and refusal

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:01 pm

I don't think that was in time - AIUI you should allow two clear working days at least to ensure UKVI receive it in time.

If you are still in UK your status is that of an overstayer.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:22 pm

Wanderer wrote:I don't think that was in time - AIUI you should allow two clear working days at least to ensure UKVI receive it in time.
Wrong and not helpful!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

K4

Post by K4 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:16 pm

Date of postage is the date of application made if UKVI refused you only on this ground you have a chance even if you made an application on the day your visa expires you are good. They don't right to appeal anymore. I think you have to file a pre action protocol for admin review I am sure you don't need to go all the way for the review. My knowledge is limited on this matter maybe some seniors can shed some light on it