ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

September 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london_2014

Re: September 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by london_2014 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:36 pm

Seems like worth paying for the solicitor... i asked them as to what their remit is..they said advising on how to make a naturalisation application....I think these people can easily be replaced with a computer...a joke.......:(

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:44 pm

legit2011 wrote:"london_2014.
I had applied via a solicitor and she was only chasing up on my behalf. I got the update from her.
actually whenever I try to call, they (HO) either dont take my calls or when they do they say its 'under consideration' :)
I guess they were able to open up more because my solicitor contacted them
Does HO tell in detail to the solicitors?

Do solicitors have that previlage to know insides like checks have been done and r positive/negetive?

I dont know but I doubt that.

zonkkk

Post by zonkkk » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:55 pm

waiz89k wrote:
legit2011 wrote:"london_2014.
I had applied via a solicitor and she was only chasing up on my behalf. I got the update from her.
actually whenever I try to call, they (HO) either dont take my calls or when they do they say its 'under consideration' :)
I guess they were able to open up more because my solicitor contacted them
Does HO tell in detail to the solicitors?

Do solicitors have that previlage to know insides like checks have been done and r positive/negetive?

I dont know but I doubt that.
It sounds to me they were just talking out of their a**e to keep their client happy...
You don't need to be a solicitor or have connections at the Home Office to conjecture that.

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:06 pm

@london_2014
the bottomline is to receive my approval letter and all this waiting game will be over and closed. The means - check and send or solicitor doesnt matter, they are all there for the same purpose. I think the end product is what matters really.

@zonkkk
well thats your opinion....seems you work in the HO to know all that. I don't, so I wouldnt know :(, hence I will take what my solicitors says.

Gladwing
Newly Registered

Post by Gladwing » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Can someone confirm the home office number as I am trying to call them and no one is picking up .. All I hear is that the avg waiting time is 8 mins ..am trying this number
03001232253 option 132.. Is this correct?

Is there a quail way to reach some one who an cofidently my status through any other number? Pls can someone confirm .. Thanks

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:50 pm

@gladwing
unfortunately i do not think their is any other way apart from the number and options you quote in your note.

Same here they are not just picking up my calls and it ends on the 8mins average waiting time.

Just keep trying hopefully you might be lucky to be attended to by someone who might give you some update worth receiving

bestofall
Newly Registered

Post by bestofall » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:18 pm

bestofall wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 years & 15+ years ILR
Language criteria met: LITUK + CEFR C1
Method of application: Post
Date of application: 10/09/14
Payment method: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/09/14
Date of acknowledgment: 17/09/14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 19/09/14
Date approval received: 04/03/2015 (dated 27/02/2015)
Date of ceremony: 11/03/2015 (private)
Most likely my final update in this thread. Best of luck to all the September applicants still waiting for decision, I hope your brown envelopes arrive soon.

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:33 pm

Just a quick question on the next step once approval is received;

This is my understanding:
a) Approval received, arrange for a public or private ceremony
b) Attend ceremony, naturalisation certificate is issued
c) Apply for passport – check and send or post by self
d) Receive SMS ( not compulsory) confirming application receipt by HO
e) Receive supporting documentation from HO
f) Receive date for interview from HO
g) Attend interview
h) Receive red passport

If i have missed out anything can anyone with better info advise please

Normally what i gather from reading other post on the passport time thread is that it takes between 2 – 3 weeks from the date of passport application (c) to receipt of passport (h), is that right?

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:26 pm

legit2011 wrote:Just a quick question on the next step once approval is received;

This is my understanding:
a) Approval received, arrange for a public or private ceremony
b) Attend ceremony, naturalisation certificate is issued (Certificate has already been issued by HO. Council will just date and hand to you along with British Citizenship pack)
c) Apply for passport – check and send or post by self (Check and send is not recommended by me)
d) Receive SMS ( not compulsory) confirming application receipt by HO
e) Receive supporting documentation from HO
f) Receive date for interview from HO (You need to phone HMPO to get an interview date)
g) Attend interview
h) Receive red passport

If i have missed out anything can anyone with better info advise please

Normally what i gather from reading other post on the passport time thread is that it takes between 2 – 3 weeks from the date of passport application (c) to receipt of passport (h), is that right?
Just amended your post.

hunanuk
Newly Registered

Post by hunanuk » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:14 am

Just received my invitation letter, exactly 6 month after submission, Thanks every one. I believe all of us will receive the brown envelop soon.

Eligibility criteria: 5 years T1 GENERAL, 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: UK Degree, LIUK
Current nationality: Chinese
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Eastleigh
Date of application: 10/09/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Cheque
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/09/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 20/09/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 26/09/2014
Date approval received: 11/03/2015
Date of ceremony:25/03/2015

aumar

Post by aumar » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:15 pm

Today mark 6 months to be exact since the HO received my application( according to the acknowledgement letter) and I called them to find out the status. Same old story, different day! Only this time operator felt obliged to give me a story of external checks that it must have gone for external checks and bla bla. I'm sick of it honestly and in the heat of a moment I sent a request to my MP asking for a follow up.

I hope I haven't made a mistake to offend the Highly egoistic HO by emailing my MP.

Anyone out there from September or before?

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:32 pm

hi all, probably my final update here... got my naturalisation certificate yesterday..! Good luck and have faith!!

Eligibility criteria: Tier 1 (6 years) (non EU)
ILR: 12 months
Language criteria: Life in the UK + USA Bachelor’s degree
Method of application: NCS Southwark
Date of application: 10/09/2014
Date received by UKBA: 11/09/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date fee deducted: 15/09/2014
Date approval received: 02/03/2015 (dated 22/02/2015)
Date of ceremony: 10/03/2015

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:13 pm

aumar wrote:Today mark 6 months to be exact since the HO received my application( according to the acknowledgement letter) and I called them to find out the status. Same old story, different day! Only this time operator felt obliged to give me a story of external checks that it must have gone for external checks and bla bla. I'm sick of it honestly and in the heat of a moment I sent a request to my MP asking for a follow up.

I hope I haven't made a mistake to offend the Highly egoistic HO by emailing my MP.

Anyone out there from September or before?
done the same...do not worry.....its either 6 months or almost 6 months...you have a right to know the update...

aumar

Post by aumar » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:25 pm

Received email reply following my query that I need to wait another 3-6 months for decision and even that is not certain.

How on earth this is fair?

Any idea how long will it take. Has anyone with this timeline received a decision lately? Does this mean that I shouldn't expect anything in next 3 months? So many questions and so many thoughts curropting my mind at the moment. The email I received seem a standard reply with every para in a different font and name and dates in different colour. Are they for serious? They can't even draft a professional email for heaven sake. May be I'm ranting too much. Huh

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:57 pm

aumar wrote:Received email reply following my query that I need to wait another 3-6 months for decision and even that is not certain.

Any idea how long will it take. Has anyone with this timeline received a decision lately? Does this mean that I shouldn't expect anything in next 3 months? So many questions and so many thoughts curropting my mind at the moment. The email I received seem a standard reply with every para in a different font and name and dates in different colour. Are they for serious? They can't even draft a professional email for heaven sake. May be I'm ranting too much. Huh
I am in line for this email as I have done the things that you have done....however, one thing I would like to point out that many people who recieved this letter actually had their decision within a month of this letter....i think they start looking into the application....

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:30 pm

aumar wrote:Received email reply following my query that I need to wait another 3-6 months for decision and even that is not certain.

People r paying £906 for each naturalisation application and in the famous 11 DEC report of Mr John Vine, it states that HO expenses on one application including everthing r only £147. still they are not sending acknowledgement letters, not picking up phones, not giving actual/proper updates on the applications even after 6 months, not sending decisions by atleast 1st class mail.

If there is a backlog then HO should be dealing with applications which r first in the que, not just jumping the que and start processing new applications and leaving the backlog as it is Or atleast give a proper information why this uncertainity and randomness is happening why some applications r still waiting to be assigned to a caseworker even after 6 months and some r approved in 3 weeks time.

Their way of working is not making any sense here.

The best way is raise this issue one the proper platform.

Shadow Home Secretary is Yvette Cooper from labour

her contact deails are mentioned on her website.

http://www.yvettecooper.com/contact_yvette

I recomend all of you to please drop her an email regarding this high uncertainity and randomness of HO.

OR

If one of the members here can draft the email and we all can sign it and send it as a joint email to the shadow home secretary then it will definitely make a difference otherwise 1 or 2 emails wont make any difference.

I know atleast 15 people who r facing the same uncertainity and they r not on this forum. I am more than happy to request them to sign the email too.

farhad34
Newly Registered

Post by farhad34 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:27 am

I m in the same boat mate.It looks like we are stuck.906£ is lots of money and the crapy service we get seems like we are ripped off .

jasmine123
Newly Registered

Post by jasmine123 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:50 am

I don't see what difference sending the Shadow Home Secretary a complaint would make, shes not in power and it looks like Labour are not going to win the election anyway. Id be happy to sign however if need be. Im just pissed off they changed the rules in Dec 2014 -after we applied and are now using this as an excuse to delay our applications. I understand the need for further scrutiny and a stricter criteria for applications but why should it apply to those who paid so much money and applied unaware of the rule change? My sis in law applied same time as my husband and got her naturalisation in November. So why were our applications delayed and now they are using this rule change as an excuse. I'm pretty sure it cant be legal to charge you so much and then change the application criteria a few months later. I think it would be more effective emailing Theresa May rather than Yvette Cooper. or maybe send the petition to both MPs?

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:45 pm

jasmine123 wrote:I don't see what difference sending the Shadow Home Secretary a complaint would make, shes not in power and it looks like Labour are not going to win the election anyway. Id be happy to sign however if need be. Im just pissed off they changed the rules in Dec 2014 -after we applied and are now using this as an excuse to delay our applications. I understand the need for further scrutiny and a stricter criteria for applications but why should it apply to those who paid so much money and applied unaware of the rule change? My sis in law applied same time as my husband and got her naturalisation in November. So why were our applications delayed and now they are using this rule change as an excuse. I'm pretty sure it cant be legal to charge you so much and then change the application criteria a few months later. I think it would be more effective emailing Theresa May rather than Yvette Cooper. or maybe send the petition to both MPs?
We r just looking for the proper and effective platform, it can b Theresa May or can be anyone or any office as long as they deal with it independantly and effeciently. If anyone has any better suggestion regarding the platform then please participate.

All members it is for the betterment of all who has and will apply for not only naturalisation but all other routes too. One step can make a difference if taken towards right direction. by moaning and complaining here doesnt make any difference, we have to raise it in a proper manner and we have a right to do so.

There r people here have launched the complaint after completing their 6 months and got their decisions within a month or 2 which in my openion suggests that after receiving the complaint HO realised that they still got this application somewhere in the drawer so lets look into to it now.

There r people here have stated that after involving their MPs they came to know that their application is still waiting to be assgined to the case worker, which clearly means that applications were just gathering dusts for 6 months.

There r people here have stated that they received an email response from HO and HO cant even write an official email with a proper and actual update. after receiving complaints from over 6 months applicants HO is sending a generic letters of more delays of 3-6 months and sending approvals in a month. which clearly suggests that instead of a proper update HO is just copying and pasting the standard reply to everyone who is complaining or asking for an update.

etc etc etc etc etc .......... I can write so many things which I came to know through this forum which will make this list never ending.

Its just a system Ho staff needs to look into to give an update, it clearly suggests that they r not even bothered to do that.

So if we want this uncertainity, randomnes, inefficeincy and incompetency of HO to be finished for once and all then we have to take a proper step otherwise we can continue doing what we r doing which is come to this forum getting frustrated and moan and go to sleep and suffer like this forever until its been raised and resolved.

jasmine123
Newly Registered

Post by jasmine123 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:46 pm

Hows this for a draft? Please add and delete as you see fit..

To whom it may concern

I am writing to express my disappointment at the poor service I have received from the Home Office regarding my application for naturalisation made on ......

I have been waiting for over six months to learn if my application has been successful. I believe the sudden change in naturalisation criteria and the need for more thorough checks is to blame for this. The high application fee of £906 should guarantee a speedy and efficient service. However this is clearly not the case. I understand the Home Office are sending those who complain a generic letter stating the checks could take a further three to six months due to the December 2014 rule changes. However this is beyond unreasonable to those who submitted an application before this date. How can the December 2014 changes be retrospective? A considerable amount of money was paid by those who innocently applied for naturalisation before that date and surely this should be taken into consideration when considering their application.

It is disappointing the Home Office are sending customers who are waiting over six months and unhappy with the service the same standard letter rather than explaining the reason for each delay. This is very frustrating and gives the impression of a very unprofessional and uncaring service from the Home Office.

I have already waited beyond a reasonable time scale and hope my case can be resolved quickly and fairly.

Yours faithfully

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:21 pm

jasmine123 wrote:Hows this for a draft? Please add and delete as you see fit..

To whom it may concern

I am writing to express my disappointment at the poor service I have received from the Home Office regarding my application for naturalisation made on ......

I have been waiting for over six months to learn if my application has been successful. I believe the sudden change in naturalisation criteria and the need for more thorough checks is to blame for this. The high application fee of £906 should guarantee a speedy and efficient service. However this is clearly not the case. I understand the Home Office are sending those who complain a generic letter stating the checks could take a further three to six months due to the December 2014 rule changes. However this is beyond unreasonable to those who submitted an application before this date. How can the December 2014 changes be retrospective? A considerable amount of money was paid by those who innocently applied for naturalisation before that date and surely this should be taken into consideration when considering their application.

It is disappointing the Home Office are sending customers who are waiting over six months and unhappy with the service the same standard letter rather than explaining the reason for each delay. This is very frustrating and gives the impression of a very unprofessional and uncaring service from the Home Office.

I have already waited beyond a reasonable time scale and hope my case can be resolved quickly and fairly.

Yours faithfully

it seems ok..however we must mention about the prioritisation..they cant be completing doing the cases they received last month to hit the SLA at the cost of applications that were received over 6 months ago to set a new SLA without giving us specifc about the stage of the application we are at..the way I see it if no checks/basic checks requried: 1-2 months..further check : 4-5 months beyond 6 months: they have not opened the application yet....

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:13 pm

london_2014 wrote:
jasmine123 wrote:Hows this for a draft? Please add and delete as you see fit..

To whom it may concern

Yours faithfully

it seems ok..however we must mention about the prioritisation..they cant be completing doing the cases they received last month to hit the SLA at the cost of applications that were received over 6 months ago to set a new SLA without giving us specifc about the stage of the application we are at..the way I see it if no checks/basic checks requried: 1-2 months..further check : 4-5 months beyond 6 months: they have not opened the application yet....
Yes we have to cover all aspects with examples. somebody recomended on the other timeline to write an article and send it to news papers as well. but first we have to write a proper letter/article with facts and figures and then we can approach these platforms. I will take the responsiblity to send it to the news papers and chase them to publish it but the letter/article must be a publish worthy.

We need someone who is good in report/article writing.

trust me guys If we hit the right spots it will make a difference. I can see it heppening, but it has to be a collective effort.

rajo1

Post by rajo1 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:48 pm

Hello

I will definetely email this to the shadow Home Secretary

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:01 am

rajo1 wrote:Hello

I will definetely email this to the shadow Home Secretary
can you all plz come and participate in the main timeline of naturalisation, we r discussing this issue there and I can see it going towards the right direction.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... -6340.html

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:20 pm

FYI.

I had submitted this FOI request some time ago (see below link)

There were 7375 September applicants. Basically as of Dec 31st, 64.8% had been approved. We were part of the 35% still waiting.

Number of decisions by month.
Sept-14 40
Oct-14 1,205
Nov-14 3,275
Dec-14 265
Total approved by 31 Dec 2014 : 4780 (out of 7375)
This is consistent to the showing on this forum - that roughly 70% were decided quite quickly (within Oct and Nov).

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 034542.pdf

Data beyond Dec 2014 is not available as it hasn't been officially published by the HO. This won't happen for a few months.