ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK residency visa and Irish visit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

knapps
Member of Standing

UK residency visa and Irish visit

Post by knapps » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Hello forum,

My friend, Pakistani passport holder but having UK residency visa with family living in the UK wishes to visit me in Ireland. Can he come to Ireland without a visa?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: UK residency visa and Irish visit

Post by chaoclive » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:12 am

You need to be more specific about the type of visa. Is it an EEA family member visa or a visa for the spouse of a British citizen? This affects his entitlement to travel to Ireland with/without a visa.

I received this from the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) in October 2014: "Non-nationals who are family members of a European Union citizen and holders of a document called “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen” as referred to in Article 10 of Directive 2004/38/EC of the
European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004, are not subject to an Irish visa requirement."

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:07 pm

I am not sure why you ask about family member of Eu national. He moved to Uk with his family on residence permit in the Uk as he wanted his children to study in oxford and they are now studying in Oxford. Question is can he visit me for 2 days without a Irish visa as it is a painful process to go get visa. He is a millionaire and does not have time for it

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:38 pm

He would need a visa. Without visa he cannot visit Ireland.

writedeel
Newly Registered

Post by writedeel » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:36 pm

Hi,
I will be interested in knowing how you went about your visa application.

My sister in-law is a non-EEA who lives with us and we have established dependency.We are looking at applying to the irish embassy for a type c visa to ireland.She is currently on a visitors visa.Has anyone had any experience of this as i will appreciate some guidance