ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Cooling off Period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

glrrajesh
- thin ice -

Tier 2 Cooling off Period

Post by glrrajesh » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:42 pm

Hi,

I need help on my query as below -

I had a UK Tier 2 ICT ST VISA valid from June 2013 to June 2014. I returned back from UK to India on 1st March 2014. I resigned from the organisation for which i had this VISA and got relieved on 23rd March 2014.

Now i want to apply for Tier 2 General VISA through a sponsor who is ready to provide CoS. Can i go ahead and apply for T2 Gen VISA in March End/ April 1st 2015 or since my earlier VISA expired on June 2014, my cooling period starts from here till June 2015?

I am not sure if my previous employer cancelled my VISA after my resignation & relieving on March 23 2014. Can i show my Relieving letter as evidence that i was not part of the company after 23rd Mar 2014 so that the cooling period doesnot start from June 2014.

Please clarify on what i should be doing to apply T2 VISA now?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 Cooling off Period

Post by manci » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:16 pm

[quote="glrrajesh"]Hi,

I need help on my query as below -

I had a UK Tier 2 ICT ST VISA valid from June 2013 to June 2014. I returned back from UK to India on 1st March 2014. I resigned from the organisation for which i had this VISA and got relieved on 23rd March 2014.

Now i want to apply for Tier 2 General VISA through a sponsor who is ready to provide CoS. Can i go ahead and apply for T2 Gen VISA in March End/ April 1st 2015 or since my earlier VISA expired on June 2014, my cooling period starts from here till June 2015?
your cooling off period started on 1 March 2014, so you can apply any time from now but if you apply before June 2015 you'll need to produce evidence that you actually left the UK on 1 March 2014.

I am not sure if my previous employer cancelled my VISA after my resignation & relieving on March 23 2014. Can i show my Relieving letter as evidence that i was not part of the company after 23rd Mar 2014 so that the cooling period doesnot start from June 2014.
not needed but no harm submitting it

Please clarify on what i should be doing to apply T2 VISA now?
if you have a restricted CoS go ahead and apply (see above re. evidence of departure from UK)[/quote]

glrrajesh
- thin ice -

Post by glrrajesh » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:42 am

Hi Manci,

Thanks for your quick response.

One last query, Is there any way i can find that my earlier T2 ICT ST VISA with my previous employer has been cancelled successfully? I called my previous company traveldesk and they told me that they have intimated the home office to concel my VISA and they confirmed having cancelled it, but there is no written communication for evidence, hence how can i get it confirmed?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:48 am

glrrajesh wrote:Hi Manci,

Thanks for your quick response.

One last query, Is there any way i can find that my earlier T2 ICT ST VISA with my previous employer has been cancelled successfully? I called my previous company traveldesk and they told me that they have intimated the home office to concel my VISA and they confirmed having cancelled it, but there is no written communication for evidence, hence how can i get it confirmed?
there is no need for you to obtain confirmation that your previous sponsor informed the HO of your termination (which they were duty bound to do) - even if they didn't your new visa will cancel and supersede the old one