ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CTZ application - address issue (duration of stay)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

janesx
Newly Registered

CTZ application - address issue (duration of stay)

Post by janesx » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:40 pm

Hi guys!

Long term reader, new poster.

On 5/3 I received a letter to confirm the payment of the statutory fee, my application ref. number and a request me to provide the exact dates I reside at each address. Now, that's a trick one! I moved quite a bit since Jan 08, always on a month to month tenancy. Thanks to my good memory I can recall all of the address I lived at and the months I stayed at each place. Since I never had a lease and I lost contact with the previous landlords there's no way I can find out the exact date I moved in/out :?

Without going to much into private details my application is based on Irish associations and let's say that to stay around is not a choice at the moment (more like I am being 'forced' to). I have a connection with this country for life...

There are no gaps in my residency status (went from stamp 2 to 4 in 2011) and I don't have any traffic/criminal offences. I had a Garda Vetting process carried out in 2008 for employment purposes and it came back all clear (don't know how relevant that is).

I am sure about the date I moved in the 1st address because I left the airport straight to the house where stayed for a couple months. I have been residing at my current address since Jan 11 (signed a lease), the landlord is one of the people listed as reference on my application. I don't want to believe they will refuse my application for such a 'stupid' reason... :|

Any help is very much appreaciated.

Thanks for reading!

SouthernWinds

Re: CTZ application - address issue (duration of stay)

Post by SouthernWinds » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:51 pm

PMd you.

janesx
Newly Registered

Post by janesx » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:55 pm

Hi!

I didn't receive the PM.
As a new user I am not authorised to read private messages :x

SouthernWinds

Post by SouthernWinds » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:00 pm

No worries.

When did you submit your application? Is this the first acknowledgment you receive or did you receive any previous correspondence ?

janesx
Newly Registered

Post by janesx » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Hi @SouthernWinds thanks for your prompt reply!

Application: 27/2/15
Acknowledgement: 5/3 - dated 3/3/15

I found it odd the note at the end: your application has not been examined in full and we will be unable to confirm if youmeet the other statutory conditions for naturalisation unyil a further examination taes place. Is that mandatory :?:

I am sure all the necessary documents were provided and the time frame is correct (almost 4yrs with stamp 4)but aren't they suppose to check all the application before making contact? Such a waste of time if there's another issue they will send another letter to inform whatever when they could simply deal with all the issues in the 1st instance... #OnlyinIreland

SouthernWinds

Post by SouthernWinds » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:24 pm

I applied in late January (around the 21st) and received my first acknowledgment exactly two weeks afterwards with everything you mentioned except the request for the exact dates , and I moved around within Dublin a lot too.

Haven't heard of anything since (nearly a month).

Did you fill out the application with only the years or also the months?
Surely your application is fine, they just want to have the info cleared before sending it for further processing.

janesx
Newly Registered

Post by janesx » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:41 pm

I filled out with the months and years (although I am not 100% sure about the months but hey, they dont need to know it). Every time I moved to a new place I changed the address with immigration in Dublin, there shouldn't be difficult for them to track down the info using my GNIB number...

I will re-print the address page and send a statement to them saying that I am sorry but I can't recall the dates. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it.

Since they only count the visas I have from Feb 11 onwards (at that stage I was already living at my current address) I didnt think they would be so finicky regarding addresses prior to 2011 :arrow:

When I 1st submited the form there was one address missing. I wrote the months I stayed over and can't remember the address in the space. Luckly today I managed to track down an old house mate on FB and she confirmed the address to me otherwise I dont know how I'd be able to get it - its the same address I used at the time I got the Garda Vetting report...

SouthernWinds

Post by SouthernWinds » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:01 am

The blank spaces probably raised concerns.

I went to one of those free Citizenship Application advisers before submitting my application (they're very helpful by the way) and once we reviewed every single detail, he mentioned it is very important to fill out the residence page as accurate as possible.

I applied based on a Stamp 4 and he advised me to fill out every single address I've had for the past seven years.

If you're sending the page again, I hope this info helps you.

I am now in the process of obsessing about whether I received post or not at home everyday. Hopefully good news will come soon :)

janesx
Newly Registered

Post by janesx » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:02 pm

I got the correct addresses now (still not date), hopefully they wont bother me again with this issue...

My current permission expire on 1/6, I hope I dont need to renew it because 300 for a GNIB in June and a couple months later 950 for the citizenship cert is gonna break the bank :S

The waiting game is a killer! Patience is not one of my traits but I am happy the 1st letter has finally arrived.

Best of luck with your application. I'm sure you will get an aproval before me :wink:

janesx
Newly Registered

Post by janesx » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:44 pm

SouthernWinds wrote:I am now in the process of obsessing about whether I received post or not at home everyday. Hopefully good news will come soon :)
Did you send another private msg? If so post it on the thread, please. I received a notification YET can't read it. Strange how private msgs are not delivered but people are free to write then...

SouthernWinds

Post by SouthernWinds » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:03 am

Just asking if you have any updates?

janesx
Newly Registered

Post by janesx » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:16 am

Sent the address page back on Sat. Today I received an acknowledgement letter (date 10/1) from the initial processing team.
Let the waiting game begin...