ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorced with PR citizenship/visa application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Stoli

Divorced with PR citizenship/visa application

Post by Stoli » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:23 pm

Hi all

I have a quandary over a couple of things.

First of all, I already have a PR (issued in May 2014) but we have then divorced. I do not have the paperwork to prove it yet. Divorce took place in an EU member state, but not UK.

So:
1) I need to apply for a Schengen visa (and a few more). While I doubt they'd be asking for marriage certificate/ other if I applied just as a foreigner residing in UK for a tourist visa, can I encounter problems there?
2) I am now really worried about travelling. I.e. on UK border upon return I'd always get asked "where is your EU family member" etc. What do I say now?. Very worried I'd get into "processing chambers" and be tortured and burned and what remains of me deported.
3) I am planning on applying for British citizenship, would I need to present any and all EU family member paperwork or just say "divorced" is enough?. And again, very worried that I may run into problems because I am divorced? - what might those problems be?

SouthWest1

Re: Divorced with PR citizenship/visa application

Post by SouthWest1 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:03 pm

Stoli wrote:Hi all

I have a quandary over a couple of things.

First of all, I already have a PR (issued in May 2014) but we have then divorced. I do not have the paperwork to prove it yet. Divorce took place in an EU member state, but not UK.

So:
1) I need to apply for a Schengen visa (and a few more). While I doubt they'd be asking for marriage certificate/ other if I applied just as a foreigner residing in UK for a tourist visa, can I encounter problems there?
as a tourist, u need to ensure you have travel insurance, enough funds to cover your stay, booking or invite ..etc. just read the visa form.
2) I am now really worried about travelling. I.e. on UK border upon return I'd always get asked "where is your EU family member" etc. What do I say now?. Very worried I'd get into "processing chambers" and be tortured and burned and what remains of me deported.
should not be a problem when returning. if asked, just tell the truth. nothing bad will happen and u will not be tortured or deported.
3) I am planning on applying for British citizenship, would I need to present any and all EU family member paperwork or just say "divorced" is enough?. And again, very worried that I may run into problems because I am divorced? - what might those problems be?
If applying after 12 months from PR date, then it will make no difference. just put divorced in the martial staus section and provide th einformation requested. alos, you do not need to provide any paperwork related to your ex. just your self. make sure you meet all other critria required.

martin54

Re: Divorced with PR citizenship/visa application

Post by martin54 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:11 am

Hi there.
You dont have to worry because you are independent on your own as long as you acquired PR.You can travel alone and when you return back to the Uk,immigration officer will never ask you of your partner any more because you are free of immigration control.