ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Knowledge of English for FORM AN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

savvy_000

Knowledge of English for FORM AN

Post by savvy_000 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:33 am

Hi,

This is for my wife who is currently on ILR dependant. I am unsure what to use as proof of knowledge of english from the below

1. She did a masters course from a reputable uni in UK, but didn't complete her dissertation and hence was award a diploma degree instead of masters, she had completed all exams but the dissertation

2. B.Eng degree from India, will need to obtain certificate from UK NARIC?

3. IELTS pass cert 10 years ago.

Just wondering as the masters degree was taught in English obviously in the UK, but the degree awarded was diploma as dissertation wasn't complete, could this be used for knowledge of English ? :?:

savvy_000

Re: Knowledge of English for FORM AN

Post by savvy_000 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:19 am

any suggestions?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Knowledge of English for FORM AN

Post by fwd079 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:45 pm

If she doesnt have a degree then she deosnt have a degree, diploma is not sufficient.

But as far as I know, for Naturalisation, expired IELTS is fine. Personally I'd had B1 exam taken and be done with it.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.