ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa - tricky accommodation requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bucki

Re: spouse visa - tricky accommodation requirement

Post by Bucki » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:32 pm

one worry:

i just got a shared flat today, the room is not big big but anyway, I got 6 month contract.

my brother just confirmed that the address is shown on the payslip. Now, if i live in that shared property for 6 month and then relocate to a bigger flat.

will this have an inpact on the application!?
since the last 6 payslip + bank statement would be the address of that shared flat.

but then at time of application, i will have a bigger flat with new address.

so yeh, i am lost :/

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:07 am

Bucki wrote:one worry:

i just got a shared flat today, the room is not big big but anyway, I got 6 month contract.

my brother just confirmed that the address is shown on the payslip. Now, if i live in that shared property for 6 month and then relocate to a bigger flat.

will this have an inpact on the application!?
since the last 6 payslip + bank statement would be the address of that shared flat.

but then at time of application, i will have a bigger flat with new address.

so yeh, i am lost :/
You can change your address at ANY time,I changed mine some weeks b4 application, we applied and got another place after application and changed my address while my application was even there,my wife applied twice,fiancee and then marriage,this is just last month.
I'm sure you gonna be fine at the end,all one needs is adequate prep and b4 you know it,it's all done.

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:59 pm

:(

goshhhhh, why is this so complicated!!!

I spoke to a lawyer about this: about using my parents address although I personally live near my new job!

My idea was to use my parents address where i have my own double bed room, sharing house with my parents . as I said, My mum unable to work and dad is carer. therefore the house is covered via the benefit. also, i do not pay anything there!!

so, now that lawyer said "well using ur parents adress is not good idea bcause u dont pay any bills or anything, also the house rent is covered by benefit, also my job is 2 hrs drive away and Home Office would find a reason to say - how can ur wife live at ur parents while ur 2 hrs drive away from job"

he added "they might doubt - not believe that ur a true marrige"

mmmmm he messed me up now :(

I thought i got all this sorted but ....

Besides all this, I got married back home with my homeland password (not with english passport)
does this make a difference to the application ??? :( :( :( I hope not ... pls say no this does not matter!

pls advice

thanks

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:55 pm

Pls advice on this matter:

I got married back home with my homeland password (not with english passport)
does this make a difference to the application ??? :( :( :( I hope not ... pls say no this does not matter!

machodan
Newly Registered

Post by machodan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:05 am

Hi all. I hope someone can help me on this thread as I have been going nuts due to accommodation requirements. I am hoping to apply in November as spouse of a British Citizen. My husband is currently living in a shared accommodation with a an Assured short term tenancy with 11 more months to go. He has a double room for himself and the other facilities are shared such as toilet etc. The property is a flat with 3 rooms. One room is occupied by landlord and his wife, one by their daughter and the third by my husband. The property is in excellent condition with all the latest facilities.
My worry is that I have read on some forums that it is not suitable to share a property with someone who is not your family. Because I was under the impression that as long u have a room for the exclusive use of the couple an there is no danger of overcrowding u r fine. The landlord is willing to give his consent on allowing me to come and live with my husband. We will be providing the inspection report as well. But I am scared about this shared accommodation thing as I have been reading various views on internet. Please guide me through your experiences if we will be fine. we plan to move into our own place when i will be in uk. Thank u in advance!

Hawk04
Newly Registered

Post by Hawk04 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:12 am

Hi , having the same problems with accommodation. Finding it very difficult , to find appropriate accommodation for fiancé visa UK. My sister said we can stay with her and husband and my 2 young nieces. 3 bed house owned with mortgage. We will have the big double room , with double bed.
What Prof will I need to show to the ECO?.
Inspection report ?
Tenancy agreement ?
We will not contribute towards electric and gas.
My bank statements and payslips will go to my sister address.

Please help me , on what is required.

Thank you

malik2908
Newly Registered

Post by malik2908 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi, If I get a studio flat will it fulfil the accommodation requirements of the home office for spouse visa? And what documents will I have to submit to the home office?