ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Continuous residence

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rhea1
Newly Registered

ILR - Continuous residence

Post by Rhea1 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi,

I took a 2 weeks holiday between jobs when I travelled out of the UK to visit my family. My employment and joining date was confirmed before I left UK. Since I was technically unemployed for the 2 weeks that I was out of the country, I cannot provide any proofs from an employer for this absence. Will this account to break in continuous residence?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - Continuous residence

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Its should not be an issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rhea1
Newly Registered

Post by Rhea1 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:35 pm

Thanks for your response. Can you advice what evidence should I give for this 2 week period? Is a letter explain the reason enough?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:40 pm

That should be sufficient plus the employer letters and payslips covering the period of two employers. Holidays are permitted, so you should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:19 am

Rhea1 wrote:Thanks for your response. Can you advice what evidence should I give for this 2 week period? Is a letter explain the reason enough?
As long as you haven't maxed out your 'out of the country' days you do not have to justify your holidays. I did not either. My it be for work or for personal issues you just don't have to worry.