ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP req for MN1 application child born in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guri_78

HELP req for MN1 application child born in UK

Post by guri_78 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi,

I am preparing MN1 for my son's BC. My son is born in UK in 2011(2 years old). He was born in hospital and stay there for couple of days. I got my ILR approved last week. I am waiting for my BRP and will apply his BC as soon as I get my BRP.

My son has a Indian passport with dependent T1G. He visited India once for around 60 days.

I am few questions regarding his app.

1. Where to click a pic of such a small child. Only option is I click it at home and manipulate it according to the spec. Other is go for a professional photographer (costly option)

2.I am planning to submit following docs

Child Birth cert
Parents BRP & ILR approval letter
Child Indian passport
Parents Marriage cert

Following are the questions from Form MN1. Please guide if I answers I mentioned here are correct?

3. Q1.2, What is this reference number here, is it parent's ILR?
4. Q1.6---This will be my son's first name....VARUN...right?
5. Q1.9 -- Indian
6 Q1.27 Is it the date my (father) granted ILR in UK(I went through PEO and got decision on same day, so date on the approval letter I got on this day)
7. Q2.1 - BLANK
8. Q2.2 - We lived at two addresses including current one. At first address, the From date, will it be his birthday date OR the day he came home from Hospital....right????
For second address, "To" would be "CURRENT"........right???

9. Q2.3 -- reason I will put is "FAMILY VISIT & HOLIDAYS"...In my ILR app I mentioned this period as WORK related + holidays in India.

10.Q 2.4 In which country will the child live if this application is granted? ----- U.K

11 SECTION 3 & 4 -- BLANK

12. SECTION 5 --I am planning to give first reference of my neighbour who has BC. in Q5.2, I will put "Neighbour" + his age....is it correct???
Who will be second ref out of following
My landlord, his is Native British and Rtd Teacher
GP
My friend software engineer, has BC, in UK from 10 years

13. Where to put the Payment details?

Cheers

boloney

Re: HELP req for MN1 application child born in UK

Post by boloney » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:07 pm

guri_78 wrote:Hi,

1. Where to click a pic of such a small child. Only option is I click it at home and manipulate it according to the spec. Other is go for a professional photographer (costly option)
go to snappy snaps,my kids had pictures taken there for passport (they were about 1-2 months old at the time) and there wan no problem with them.
so I would go to snappy snaps again.

senthilkm

Post by senthilkm » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:50 am

Snappy Snap, Reading, Berkshire charged me £8.99 to take snaps of 11 months old. The photographer has to spend about 30 mins to take a good snap of him. Appreciate his patience, its worth every penny.

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:56 pm

Thanks for your reply..........can you please answer other Qs also in my post?

Thanks
boloney wrote:

go to snappy snaps,my kids had pictures taken there for passport (they were about 1-2 months old at the time) and there wan no problem with them.
so I would go to snappy snaps again.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:12 pm

I am preparing MN1 for my son's BC. My son is born in UK in 2011(2 years old). He was born in hospital and stay there for couple of days. I got my ILR approved last week. I am waiting for my BRP and will apply his BC as soon as I get my BRP.

My son has a Indian passport with dependent T1G. He visited India once for around 60 days.

I am few questions regarding his app.

2.I am planning to submit following docs

Child Birth cert Long form with parents names, original.

Parents BRP & ILR approval letter I sent copies only.
Child Indian passport
Parents Marriage cert I sent a copy only

Following are the questions from Form MN1. Please guide if I answers I mentioned here are correct?

3. Q1.2, What is this reference number here, is it parent's ILR? OK to leave blank.
4. Q1.6---This will be my son's first name....VARUN...right? Yes
5. Q1.9 -- Indian Yes
6 Q1.27 Is it the date my (father) granted ILR in UK(I went through PEO and got decision on same day, so date on the approval letter I got on this day) Yes
7. Q2.1 - BLANK Yes
8. Q2.2 - We lived at two addresses including current one. At first address, the From date, will it be his birthday date OR the day he came home from Hospital....right???? His listed address would have been that one, so from birth
For second address, "To" would be "CURRENT"........right??? Yes

9. Q2.3 -- reason I will put is "FAMILY VISIT & HOLIDAYS"...In my ILR app I mentioned this period as WORK related + holidays in India. This relates to the child's absence - "accompanying parents overseas(India)"

10.Q 2.4 In which country will the child live if this application is granted? ----- U.K Yes

11 SECTION 3 & 4 -- BLANK

12. SECTION 5 --I am planning to give first reference of my neighbour who has BC. in Q5.2, I will put "Neighbour" + his age....is it correct??? Yes, and 'community member' would sound more elegant
Who will be second ref out of following
My landlord, his is Native British and Rtd Teacher
GP
My friend software engineer, has BC, in UK from 10 years Yes, if they agree to

13. Where to put the Payment details? Separate form http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... y-fees.pdf

Cheers
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:23 pm

Also, remember the two shirt principle if you go to snappy snaps....
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

adeelmpk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by adeelmpk » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Cheers
Are you applying directly or using NCS ?

I contacted my local NCS and they said that my son [exactly same situation as yours] would need to wait on have ILR for one year before he can apply for citizenship, likewise your son he was born in UK and both parents and my son hold ILR since Jan 2013. I don't think that information is correct, what do you think ?

guri_78

Post by guri_78 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:29 am

According to law, your can apply UK born child's BC as soon as either parent gets the ILR. My council didnt ask anything when I enquired about appointment yesterday.
adeelmpk wrote:

Cheers
Are you applying directly or using NCS ?

I contacted my local NCS and they said that my son [exactly same situation as yours] would need to wait on have ILR for one year before he can apply for citizenship, likewise your son he was born in UK and both parents and my son hold ILR since Jan 2013. I don't think that information is correct, what do you think ?

adeelmpk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by adeelmpk » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:31 pm

Thank you

mohami5
Newly Registered

Post by mohami5 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:37 pm

I have a quick question can we apply any time after parents getting the ILR ?
as my sons has the T1 Genral dependent visa but its due to expire soon they are both born in the UK. so I can register them as BC. but do I have to do it before the old T1 Genral dependent visa expires or is it not requited to submit that visa as MN1 form does not ask for the curretnt visa status for the child ?

Both the parent has the ILR visa now. so I tried to ask the NCS and they dont know the answer to that.