ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAN I APPLY NOW???

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anogiri8085
Newly Registered

CAN I APPLY NOW???

Post by anogiri8085 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:48 am

I would like to know If the time is right to apply for British Citizenship.

I came into the UK on a Spouse visa on the 27th Feb 2012 and applied for ILR after 2yrs in March 2014. I got an appointment in Croydon but unfortunately my application for ILR was refused due to the fact that I didn't have the English Certificate Listening and Speaking ESOL Level 3. The home office extended my Spouse visa for another 2years and advised me that when I obtain the Language criteria, I could apply for ILR within that 2 years window.

I re-applied using the same day service again this week and was granted ILR without any issues. My partner is a British Citizen and we 've been married for 3years and 2months and have been leaving together with her and our Son for that period. If I had met the requirements when I first applied for ILR last year March 2014 and it was granted, then I should be able to apply for Naturalisation in March 2015. The rule states that I must hold ILR for 1 year before applying for Naturalisation.

I believe I have met the 3 years residency requirement in applying for naturalisation, but, I might be wrong. Would I still have to wait for a year before applying for Naturalisation knowing the fact that I have lived in the UK and have been married for 3 years?

I would be so grateful if someone give me more insight to my queries. Many Thanks

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: CAN I APPLY NOW???

Post by akhurshid » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:21 am

anogiri8085 wrote:I would like to know If the time is right to apply for British Citizenship.

I came into the UK on a Spouse visa on the 27th Feb 2012 and applied for ILR after 2yrs in March 2014. I got an appointment in Croydon but unfortunately my application for ILR was refused due to the fact that I didn't have the English Certificate Listening and Speaking ESOL Level 3. The home office extended my Spouse visa for another 2years and advised me that when I obtain the Language criteria, I could apply for ILR within that 2 years window.

I re-applied using the same day service again this week and was granted ILR without any issues. My partner is a British Citizen and we 've been married for 3years and 2months and have been leaving together with her and our Son for that period. If I had met the requirements when I first applied for ILR last year March 2014 and it was granted, then I should be able to apply for Naturalisation in March 2015. The rule states that I must hold ILR for 1 year before applying for Naturalisation.

I believe I have met the 3 years residency requirement in applying for naturalisation, but, I might be wrong. Would I still have to wait for a year before applying for Naturalisation knowing the fact that I have lived in the UK and have been married for 3 years?

I would be so grateful if someone give me more insight to my queries. Many Thanks
You can apply now. It doesn't matter how long you have been married for as long you have been in UK for 3 years.