ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dania91

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by Dania91 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:48 pm

sajjuz wrote:Congratulations!!! So when is Ur flight??
I believe u meant to type 9/12/14
Next friday , oh yes i meant 9/12/14 lol
Biru 1926 let us know when u recieve urs shud be soon

biru1926

Post by biru1926 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:38 am

Dania91 wrote:
sajjuz wrote:Congratulations!!! So when is Ur flight??
I believe u meant to type 9/12/14
Next friday , oh yes i meant 9/12/14 lol
Biru 1926 let us know when u recieve urs shud be soon
Hearty Congratulations Dania91,you must be feeling so relief now wow!!!! i'll definitely let you guys know my update,yes hopefully soon,please pray for me people thank you,and congrats again Dania91,and have a happy and safe journey :)

awara
Newly Registered

Post by awara » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:29 am

I have applied in mid of december under set m , havent heard anything yet .

biru1926

Post by biru1926 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:43 am

awara wrote:I have applied in mid of december under set m , havent heard anything yet .
Hi "Awara" i applied in Dec too,rang home office last week they said my application is not completed yet i:e its under process,and said they are processing Dec Application,this is my time line
Set (M)
application sent :10/12/201
money taken:14/12/2014
acknowledgement:18/12/2014
biometric letter:27/12/2014
biometric done:28/12/2014

status waiting..:(

awara
Newly Registered

Post by awara » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:55 am

That's good if they working on dec applications , I applied on 15dec .

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:11 pm

Hi anyone here on SET O ? Who could post time line?

Or any idea if home office is doing Dec applications also. Thx

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:20 pm

All,

Are there any specific boards about SET O, timelines? Some posts suggest set m and set o taking same timelines
Any info welcome.

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:55 pm

All,

Called the home office Dec applications are being taken up as we speak......SET O........
My application work in progress.....prayers needed....
Hope some end to stress expected to everyone here

devp
Newly Registered

Post by devp » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:36 pm

That gives lot of hope for me as I applied on Set(O) during early December.

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:55 pm

Devp
Were you also on T1 ent or any other route?

Dania, CONGRATS.......all the best for your travels

devp
Newly Registered

Post by devp » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:42 pm

Ive applied through Tier-1 (General) route

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:55 pm

Devp,

Okay pls keep me posted of any info. Thx

sophie.dahab
Newly Registered

Post by sophie.dahab » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:05 pm

When we sent off my husbands ILR (SET M) application and I then came across this forum my heart absolutely sunk. I know they say 95% of cases are settled within 6 months but what they should say is that 95% of cases are settled within 5 to 6 months so that people fully understand it WILL take a very long time to get their visa. It should be made clear that your application will sit in a box unopened for several months before they even look at it whilst they get through the back log of applications.

I totally overlooked the special express service - I thought the additional fee was absolutely disgusting. We have however since then had to change a long planned pre-booked holiday so it wouldn't have made any difference cost wise.

I think we were quite a simple straight forward case, and I made the mistake of thinking that would mean we would be dealt with quickly. My husband and I have been together for 14 years, married in the UK 8 years ago, two children, and are able to support ourselves financially. My husband has worked full time since we arrived in the UK just over two years ago. We have been through so many UK visit Visas over the years including the marriage visa. There must be an overflowing file on my family with the number of documents we have submitted over the years!

I found the time lines useful for predicting when we would receive our documents... so here is ours:

Sent in application end of November 2014 (cant remember exact date)
Confirmation letter received on 3 Dec 2014 (dated 1 Dec)
Payment taken in first few days of December
Biometrics request letter 12 December
Biometrics completed 16 December

and then nothing......

Today, 9 March 2015 we received my husbands Residence Permit via courier stating ILR- we presume we will receive a letter and other documents from Home Office soon.

The only thing I found useful was phoning the HO Croydon Office on 0300 123 2241 and finding out which months applications they were dealing with, it was soul destroying to hear at the end of January 2015 they were still processing October 2014, since then it seems to have moved more quickly.

I would never recommend to anyone to use the postal application system in the future.

Good luck everyone.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:48 am

Good Morning,

I have just skim read some of the posts on here. It seems that there are a lot of people that are anxious and panicking about not receiving ILR by 2/3 months of submission etc.. We have been waiting 12 months and still no update nor a request of further document etc.

I wouldn't suggest you to call HomeOffice before the 6 months as that's a timeframe they aim to work within or by.
Imagine the delay we have had and the inconvenience it is causing us.. Ours was a genuine application I am the British spouse and we have a child together. But look we still sit here and wait patiently. Telephoning homeoffice does not help in anyway because the recipients at their end are not authorised to discuss anything with you, apart from say if it has been processed or yet processing. There are a few other members on this forum who submitted same time as us and are still waiting.. Please sit back and relax! :)

Good luck to all those waiting and please don't panick After 2/3 months wait..

ILR submitted: MARCH 2014
Allah is the greatest!

devp
Newly Registered

Post by devp » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:12 pm

Exquisit33: I believe you appreciate every case is different. I sympathise the long wait for you. There are more than one reason for this panic. It is because of some of the visa renewals not available after 06-Apr-15. So for some it is literally a do or die situation wherein in case of an extended wait or a non-favorable response, it is to start lives all over again in their home country. BTW this HO service is meant for enquiring the status of the applications. So even if they are able to give the stage your application is in, it will give a peace of mind. In this blog we are aggregating our thoughts to see a pattern so that we can be expecting it in a finite time frame.

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:20 pm

I would tend to agree with devp.

Only that some views are that by calling home office often, thus leaving a footprint on the case record....may... appear as applying presure on the caseworker .?...leaves negative taste there......

Personally i dont subscibe to the view, the contact ctr. is for the purpose of conatct re your case...waiting to travel, make business plans which can / are non hold and also venting off stress with....an update of sorts...

Views on para 2 above ?

Best wishes to all.

CountryBoy
Newly Registered

Post by CountryBoy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:22 am

I have been observing the posts in this forum to get a sense of timeline. So below are my timelines if it helps others to get an idea of processing times.

SET (O) application with 2 dependants, ILR from combination of Tier1+2.

Application sent: 29 Nov 2014
Acknowledgement received: 2 Dec 2014
Biometrics letter received: 11 Dec 2014
Biometrics recorded: 16 Dec 2014
Documents + Approval letter received: 10 Mar 2015
BRP: waiting

I didn't call, follow up or track with the Home Office during the period.

sophie.dahab
Newly Registered

Post by sophie.dahab » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:20 am

sophie.dahab wrote:
The only thing I found useful was phoning the HO Croydon Office on 0300 123 2241 and finding out which months applications they were dealing with, it was soul destroying to hear at the end of January 2015 they were still processing October 2014, since then it seems to have moved more quickly.
I will add that when I phoned the HO I was simply asking a quick question - "what applications are you now dealing with regarding ILR SET M". It was always a 1 minute phone conversation.

I appreciated that the people on the other end of the phone could not answer any questions regarding my application, In fact only once did I give them my name and my husbands application number. For us having a rough idea if the case had even been opened or if it was still sat in a box helped us with making decisions about cancelling family travelling plans.

@Exquisit33 I can appreciate that you have been waiting a long time, you seem very relaxed about it. For others such as @devp it is obviously a nail biting situation and I would imagine they are beside themselves with worry as they approach the 6 April 2015 deadline. As will any applicant who needs to travel. This I can appreciate as the changes on July 9 2012 were the same for us. Living abroad and finding out with two weeks notice that we had to apply for UK settlement for husband and make plans to move our lives from one continent to another or risk never being able to move back to the UK together made for an incredibly stressful and worrying time. We have many friends in similar situations to our own who are now stuck abroad and unable to return as a family because of the changes in rules for non-EU spouses in July 2013.

I think my biggest issue is the lack of information. This is such an important thing in someone's life, it can literally be make or break time for a family and the HO are not able to offer any assistance in keeping people updated. There is obviously a huge backlog of applications, it seems once they are opened they can be dealt with very quickly. As is proven with the very expensive one day premium service and cases like ours that once they get to the application it seems to be opened and closed within a couple of days. The fact the application has sat in a box for three months before it reaches this point is not acceptable and the HO is receiving negative press because of it. Surely more people can be employed to deal with the backlog of applications?

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:17 pm

All, Devp,

Changes expected on 6 Apr 2015 are listed by .gov and explained by many law houses on the web. I suppose while we wait ukvi info on applications, one can read thru and chalk out contingency plans. If they effect you.
I could not see these changes effecting or subsequent impact to present ILR applicants.......if any pls advise.......THX.

Is it general concensus that contact with 0300 home office is a help of sorts ?

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:41 pm

Guys.. I have just been enlightened about the new changes coming to effect which ofcourse does justify all the panick you are experiencing. I didn't have a clue about these changes..

So where do I stand? We are Set M.

Wishing you all good luck
Allah is the greatest!

devp
Newly Registered

Post by devp » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:42 am

Just off the phone from HO. They are considering January applications. However the response was that the applications which are pending is more worked on an on/off basis. They told they are aware of the 06-Apr deadline and trying everything possible to give everyone a fair chance for exploring options if due to some reasons your application does not earn a favorable response or a timely response. So who are waiting on Set(O) from November, December....being optimistic, someone is looking into our applications and we hear from them sooner than later.Good luck...God bless.

biru1926

Post by biru1926 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:12 am

Hi people want to share my updates
Set (M)
application sent :10/12/201
money taken:14/12/2014
acknowledgement:18/12/2014
biometric letter:27/12/2014
biometric done:28/12/2014
brp recived :12/03/2015

nearly 3 months and 2 days

got phone call from my solicitor that my brp and documents are here 12/03/2015,happy days :) felling so relief,can plan future now,
would like to thank every one for sharing their info and updates thank you again and good luck everyone :)

awara
Newly Registered

Post by awara » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:43 am

Biru1926 many congrulations , best of luck for your future :D pray for me Plz .

Entreprenure 10 jobs

Post by Entreprenure 10 jobs » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:12 pm

Biru , great news.....

Devp, thx for update..pls see PM. Thx

sajjuz

Post by sajjuz » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:56 pm

Congrats to Country boy and Biru!!
Since we applied before the changes do we get an appeal right or not? Is it for those who apply after April the 6th?