ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few months left to complete 10 years lawful residence in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR1980
Pakistan

Few months left to complete 10 years lawful residence in UK

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:26 pm

I have got few months left to complete my 10 years lawful residence in United kingdom. Currently i am waiting for decision of my entrepreneur visa which is under process .

I just want to know that if my visa get refused and i go for appeal then the time spent on appeal count towards 10 years ? Or it will only count if your appeal get successful..I think it should count because when you are waiting for appeal decision then your stay is legal in the country but someone told me that time spent on appeal only count if outcome of your appeal is positive l. I am confuse. Can someone clarify ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:40 pm

Section 3C should be applicable, provided that you made a valid in-time application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:15 am

vinny wrote:Section 3C should be applicable, provided that you made a valid in-time application.
Thank you Vinny for your time and help/guidance

I did not get 3C. i mean if i appeal against decision of refusal of my entrepreneur and complete my ten years between this process of waiting for outcome of appeal then do i complete the criteria of ten years lawful residence and can apply for it before final decision of my appeal?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:48 am

If the UKBA had not reached a decision (i.e. not refused nor allowed your application) when you completed your 10 years, then you may vary your application to Long residence.

I don't think that you can make a fresh application when you're in the process of appealing. However, you may ask the appeal to consider your 10 years stay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:58 pm

vinny wrote:If the UKBA had not reached a decision (i.e. not refused nor allowed your application) when you completed your 10 years, then you may vary your application to Long residence.

I don't think that you can make a fresh application when you're in the process of appealing. However, you may ask the appeal to consider your 10 years stay.
Vinny if u can plz also guide us can i vary my application 28 days before the completion of 10 years long residence or wait till the completion of 10 years long residence if my application is under process with home office.
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:44 am

vinny wrote:If the UKBA had not reached a decision (i.e. not refused nor allowed your application) when you completed your 10 years, then you may vary your application to Long residence.

Thank you vinny for clarification

The logic of home office is weird though because you are considered legal when you are waiting for outcome of appeal so this time should also count towards legal residence..

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:03 am

modern_newton wrote: I did not get 3C.
If you will get an appeal you will be covered by 3D leave:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
N/A

af1136
Newly Registered

Re: Few months left to complete 10 years lawful residence in

Post by af1136 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Hi all,
I am new to this. I even don't if I have click the right button to post my query. One of my friends recommended me to post my query here as he got a lot of help from this forum.I have came across lot of posts similary to my situation, which has been answered very wisely leading to the success. Really good suggestions, greatly appreciated.

Came to Uk 30 september 2005 on a student visa, Since then I have been on PSW and then on student and then again applied for level 8 course and sent the application to the HO. But before the application was decided the college got revoked. My application is still with the HO and my curtailment letter expires on 20th march 2015. Need about 6 months to qualify for 10 years lawful residence. After going through the earlier discussions and posts, I want to apply for flr fp (private life) to spend the 6 months left. I have my wife and a child who is 8 months old.

My queries are
1. Can I apply by myself or do I need a solicitor to represent me? (financially, I am unsound to afford one at the moment)
2. If I apply self, what documents do I need? ( I do not have any passports as my application is still pending with the HO)
3. What shall include in the cover letter? (If anyone can send me any sample of the cover letter, it will be much appreciated)

I really need quick help because there is only one week.
Thanks in advance