ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I plan to Apply ILR before my dependents. Pls Assist.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kyborg99

I plan to Apply ILR before my dependents. Pls Assist.

Post by kyborg99 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:49 pm

Current Visa- T1 G
Have been in the country more than 5 Years
2 Dependents - Wife and 1 Child (well 2 - but second one was born in UK so will Neutralise him)

Plan: Same Day Premium SET(O) ILR JUST for myself
Then Post Application for Wife and 1 Child. (Just to save some money tbh, no other reason)

So after I get ILR - and then send Postal ILR Application for my Wife and 1 Child. Does the list of documents change? As in will I still need to submit documents which I submitted for my sameday ILR? Like 12 months bank statement, my degrees etc?
What docs will I need to submit if I apply for my wife and 1 child after I get me ILR?

Assist Please.

Thanks & Regards,
kyborg

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Re: I plan to Apply ILR before my dependents. Pls Assist.

Post by gbhsmp » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:31 pm

kyborg99 wrote:Current Visa- T1 G
Have been in the country more than 5 Years
2 Dependents - Wife and 1 Child (well 2 - but second one was born in UK so will Neutralise him)

Plan: Same Day Premium SET(O) ILR JUST for myself
Then Post Application for Wife and 1 Child. (Just to save some money tbh, no other reason)

So after I get ILR - and then send Postal ILR Application for my Wife and 1 Child. Does the list of documents change? As in will I still need to submit documents which I submitted for my sameday ILR? Like 12 months bank statement, my degrees etc?
What docs will I need to submit if I apply for my wife and 1 child after I get me ILR?

Assist Please.

Thanks & Regards,
kyborg
When your dependents apply with you they are not asked for their absences in UK and they are not asked to prove their total days presence and in/out from UK.
Most people prefer the application of dependents be done along with main applicant which is lot lot lot more easier. Applying separately is cobersome for the applicants. However if you have circumstances which do not allow you to make a single application then you have to apply separately.

Apart from the documents you keep for your ILR, all that is needed is co-hab docs for your dependents if they apply along with you as main applicant.