ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please I really need your Advise on PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Annebee

Please I really need your Advise on PR

Post by Annebee » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:35 am

Hello all,

I hope people will please answer my question or provide me with advice. The gurus , those with similar experience please help me. Thank you

Brief background

Married to ex eea husband may 2nd 2010, divorced April 2014. Received ROR following divorce in August 2014. My eea worked continuously from 2009 till the day we got divorced and I have all his treaty right documents from September 2009 - April 2014 which I submitted during ROR application. I have been in constant employment myself since 2009.

Here is my question .

I believe I qualify for PR on 2nd May 2015. But I am very confused as to from what dates I can apply.
I believe I have to show documents showing my ex was working from 2nd May 2010 - April 2014 = 3years + 11 months
And then my own work documents
April 2014 - 2nd May 2015 = 1 year + 1 month

I am paid monthly (end of the month) so this means if I apply lets say on the 3rd of May 2015, I do not have proof to show I am working from my 1st - 3rd May 2015 because my May payslip will come at the end on May.

Please is ur best to wait till end of May to send in my PR application , that way I have payslip covering the entire period of marriage? Or will a letter from my employer stating that I am a permanent employee suffice? I have worked with same company for nearly 4 years.

I would really love to apply beginning of May as I wish to travel abroad with my family in July.

Please I hope my question is clear enough , pleaseeee advise me. Please

Annebee

Re: Please I really need your Advise on PR

Post by Annebee » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Annebee wrote:Hello all,

I hope people will please answer my question or provide me with advice. The gurus , those with similar experience please help me. Thank you

Brief background

Married to ex eea husband may 2nd 2010, divorced April 2014. Received ROR following divorce in August 2014. My eea worked continuously from 2009 till the day we got divorced and I have all his treaty right documents from September 2009 - April 2014 which I submitted during ROR application. I have been in constant employment myself since 2009.

Here is my question .

I believe I qualify for PR on 2nd May 2015. But I am very confused as to from what dates I can apply.
I believe I have to show documents showing my ex was working from 2nd May 2010 - April 2014 = 3years + 11 months
And then my own work documents
April 2014 - 2nd May 2015 = 1 year + 1 month

I am paid monthly (end of the month) so this means if I apply lets say on the 3rd of May 2015, I do not have proof to show I am working from my 1st - 3rd May 2015 because my May payslip will come at the end on May.

Please is ur best to wait till end of May to send in my PR application , that way I have payslip covering the entire period of marriage? Or will a letter from my employer stating that I am a permanent employee suffice? I have worked with same company for nearly 4 years.

I would really love to apply beginning of May as I wish to travel abroad with my family in July.

Please I hope my question is clear enough , pleaseeee advise me. Please
44 views with no response. Can someone advise please.. Gurus, Obie, John please help

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:40 pm

You can sent your application in April.

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:59 pm

Imshzd wrote:You can sent your application in April.

Thanks for your response. But I don't get how I can apply in April.

I got married 2nd MAy 2010 so 5 years is 2nd May 2015.
Are u saying I can apply before I qualify?

Also my question is also regarding the fact that I receive my payslip end of the month. So if I apply on or after 2nd may, how do I prove I worked and still work in May reason being that my last payslip will cover only April. So not sure if it's best to wait till I reciece may payslip at the end of the month.

I am just trying to avoid any troubles

Abi77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Abi77 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:24 pm

You can apply in April, there is won't be any trouble. A friend of mine apply 28days before her date and she was granted. On the other hand, you can send it on the 1st of May , HO will not receive until Monday the 4th.

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:29 pm

Abi77 wrote:You can apply in April, there is won't be any trouble. A friend of mine apply 28days before her date and she was granted. On the other hand, you can send it on the 1st of May , HO will not receive until Monday the 4th.
Thank you, how about the fact that I won't have payslip to show I work those 2 days in. May :) or shouldn't that be a problem.

maxmelion

Post by maxmelion » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:33 pm

From my knowledge u should apply on may 2015 after 5 years from u marriage
Whay defferent gona make from applying in may or july .
just wondering

Abi77
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Abi77 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:47 pm

You don't need that and moreso, you will have your 5th P60 with the application anyway, so there is nothing to worry about.

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:52 pm

maxmelion wrote:From my knowledge u should apply on may 2015 after 5 years from u marriage
Whay defferent gona make from applying in may or july .
just wondering
I plan to travel with family in summer and hoping to apply asap.

I am willing to apply in May after the 2nd when I am5 years.

But as th latest payslip on my application will be for April 2015. So not sure if HO will make a fuss about proof of work the first few days of May. Though my employer will state that I am an a permanent employee .

If it will cause issues I will rather wait till end of May after I receive my may payslip which will cover those few days in early may

Just confused

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:21 am

I met with a solicitor who said that I shouldn't apply till end of May , after I have received my may payslip . Even though my employer will write a letter stating I am a permanent employee since 2011 and still employed .... Huuuu . Just cos of 2 days in May I have to wait for one month!. I will miss my family holiday at this rate :( :( :(

part of me just doesn't agree with what the solicitor said :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:13 am

Annebee wrote:I met with a solicitor who said that I shouldn't apply till end of May , after I have received my may payslip . Even though my employer will write a letter stating I am a permanent employee since 2011 and still employed .... Huuuu . Just cos of 2 days in May I have to wait for one month!. I will miss my family holiday at this rate :( :( :(

part of me just doesn't agree with what the solicitor said :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Your solicitor is unable to understand EU regulations

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:14 pm

Imshzd wrote:
Annebee wrote:I met with a solicitor who said that I shouldn't apply till end of May , after I have received my may payslip . Even though my employer will write a letter stating I am a permanent employee since 2011 and still employed .... Huuuu . Just cos of 2 days in May I have to wait for one month!. I will miss my family holiday at this rate :( :( :(

Your solicitor is unable to understand EU regulations
Many thanks. I will go with your advice. Thanks a lot and not going back to the solicitor . Not sure he actually knows the rules properly . Really can't afford that now . Thanks again