ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NON EEA family member but spouse became British 2yr ago..

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

martin54

NON EEA family member but spouse became British 2yr ago..

Post by martin54 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:03 am

Hi all
I am non eea family member of EU.i lived in the UK since feb 2010, that completed 5yrs of residency and my wife got British Passport since 2013 and i applied for my Naturalization (AN) this month with all required documents without PR stamp but i am really worried if HO will grant my application because i did not apply PR first. Pls any advice will put smile to my face.

Martin

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: NON EEA family member but spouse became British 2yr ago.

Post by milan69 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:11 am

I am not exactly sure but I think without PR you must have lived in UK for 6 years in order to be eligible to apply.
Without PR you can not apply on basis of being married to BC.

Would like to see what other members think.
I am sometimes wrong.

britishenglish

Post by britishenglish » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:44 am

martin54 wrote:Hi all
I am non eea family member of EU.i lived in the UK since feb 2010, that completed 5yrs of residency and my wife got British Passport since 2013 and i applied for my Naturalization (AN) this month with all required documents without PR stamp but i am really worried if HO will grant my application because i did not apply PR first. Pls any advice will put smile to my face.

Martin
I think u can use two ways one time PR from EU law and citizenships

martin54

NON EEA family member without PR,Apply for Nationalization!!

Post by martin54 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:56 pm

Hi all

Martin

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:32 pm

I am sometimes wrong.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:56 pm

britishenglish wrote:
martin54 wrote:Hi all
Martin
I think u can use two ways one time PR from EU law and citizenships
There do appear to be two routes...
Q1. Spouse of British citizen. In which case you would need to be free from immigration time restrictions, I.e have ILR, with a 3 year residential qualifying period.
Q5. EU route. 6 years of exercising treaty rights being equivalent to PR.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html
However as the OP did not apply for ILR, he wouldn't quality under the Q1 route.
Its not clear to me whether he would qualify under the Q5 route (i.e. Whether being a spouse of a BC has any bearing on the 6 vs. 5 year residence requirement here) after reading the FAQ, but may be others more knowledgeable on the EU route to naturalisation can confirm.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:38 pm

Q1. Spouse of British citizen. In which case you would need to be free from immigration time restrictions, I.e have ILR, with a 3 year residential qualifying period.
Q5. EU route. 6 years of exercising treaty rights being equivalent to PR.
Even EEA resident card holders can benefit from option 1 above as long as they have obtained PR (ILR). PR is attained automatically after 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.